How to save water - Desi Archimedes

niarhab

How to save water - Desi Archimedes

Post by niarhab »

Legend has it that Greek scholar Archimedes had hit upon a splendid discovery in a bath tub, which eventually formed the basis of a celebrated scientific principle. The rise in water level as he entered the tub had opened his mind to how an object’s mass and volume were related.

A class V dropout from Tamil Nadu’s Dharmapuri district also has a “bathing lesson” to offer, with a live demonstration on how to bath without guzzling much water.
Govindasamy (29), who ekes out a living by grazing cattle, stunned an urban audience at the Indian Chamber of Commerce in Coimbatore on Friday evening with his demonstration, “short shower in 1.5 litre water.”

His demonstration, purported to drive home the “save water” message, coincided with World Water Day.

With a plastic container of 1.5 litre capacity placed on a table on the dais, Govindasamy, took a public bath to demonstrate how a neat shower, using soap and shampoo, can be accomplished with that much water not once, but twice.

The event was organised under the aegis of “Neer Naadi (celebrating and saving water)” by some green NGOs of Coimbatore.

A spokesperson for the NGO told Deccan Herald over phone on Saturday that Govindasamy has been demonstrating this technique in different parts of the state to create awareness among the people on how “a huge quantity of water is wasted during daily chores.”

“I did not even attend high school. But having to graze cattle in the forests of Dharmapuri district from a young age, life taught me the value of water,” Govindasamy told his audience.

I looked after the cattle, I used to carry some water with me to slake my thirst as one can’t find drinking water in the forest,” he said. Gradually, Govindasamy learnt how to use two litres of water for both drinking and taking a shower.

Since then, he has been striving to improve his technique.

“I am now training myself to take a shower with just 1.2 litres of water and wish to take this water conserving campaign across India,” he said.

“I am trying to enter the Guinness Book of Records for having a clean shower with the least amount of water.”
parkom

Re: How to save water - Desi Archimedes

Post by parkom »

This is ingenious indeed. Read this article on Deccan Herald as well and wanted to see it to believe it but couldn't find any video online :(
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
shailesh123

Re: How to save water - Desi Archimedes

Post by shailesh123 »

I think Rain Harvesting is also best way for saving water, it requires less money and saves lots of water as compare to other technique.
Find Property| property in Pune |Mumbai properties |Surat real estate

Return to “Non Real Estate”