Learning experience

Sri

Learning experience

Post by Sri »

Hi,
I would like to share my recent experience for the benefit of current/future buyers.
- there are owners who have laminated their original documents. Beware if you are dealing with such laminates! Pl. ensure the genuinity of the document in the laminate.
Banks/FIs do not give loan on such laminated docs. Apparently, there is a RBI ruling because of a fraud with laminate that happened with Syndicate bank. This will be a problem at the time of reselling or mortgaging.
- There are original allottees in ANJANAPURA layout who do not have - for some unknown reason - the original allotment letter!! I figured out that in those days BDA was after allottees unlike now a days where people are after sites and BDA had given 6 months time for the allottees to respond. Failing which, they were not given the allotment letter though the sale might have got executed. Now, I do not know the ramification if one buys from such a person...I chose not to deal....Perhaps, BDA should clarify.

It would help if others shared their learnings as well. Thanks...
nagsbhat

Re: Learning experience

Post by nagsbhat »

Your second point might be incorrect. BDA was never behind people to sell their sites. Also, BDA sends the allotment letter to allottee's address and give time to pay money. However, sale deed can be done at anytime after paying the money. In fact time to time BDA calls for registration of the properties and sends intimation to people.
However, I am not too sure if they missed the deadline to pay the money and then went to BDA and got (somehow) sale deed done.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

still unclear as to why laminated docs are a fraud. Any document can be laminated (unless BDA or someone else has decreed it is illegal to laminate). Lamination is only for keeping the paper on which the doc exists in decent shape. how does it it make it a fraud?
hosathota

Post by hosathota »

I guess there is a method employed by banks to find out if sale deed is original or not. Incase of laminated or color zerox, both fail this test. So even if they are original documents, laminated docs fail the test. Also, there may be instances where color zeroxed ones were laminated and used in fraud.
bravigowda

Post by bravigowda »

Its possible to get a high end colour Xerox of the Sale Deed and get it laminated, once done it is very difficult to differentiate the original with the xerox, hence the Lamination of property documents are not allowed.
adrakatti

Post by adrakatti »

So, what is the alternative if documents are laminated. I know lamination can be removed at some select places. But other than that does bank accept certified copies from BDA of the laminated documents to give loan for house construction>

Return to “Rules,Acts,Legal”