BBMP Khata Transfer - SAKALA

arunthl

BBMP Khata Transfer - SAKALA

Post by arunthl »

Hi Everyone,

I have a very good experience with SAKALA - Guaranteed Service which I got to know by the Chief Secretary - Smt. Shalini Rajanish, IAS in a news channel.

Recently I purchased a land in Uttarahalli limits and I had to do Khata Transfer of the property which is in the Uttarahalli BBMP limits (as my property falls in that area). Though registration was done in Jan 2013, I neglected this thinking I have to pay bribe. But, when I got to know about SAKALA, I thought like I am not in a hurry to do and hence, why can't I try this.

So, have decided to grab the information. But before to that, thought of asking how much does it charge with an agent and he said, 2% of Stamp Duty Paid and 5K as bribe. Then said ok to him and went back home.

Next morning, after speaking to SAKALA Customer Care - 080-44554455, I got information on the documents to be collected. And, approached Uttarahalli BBMP on one Saturday Morning. I asked one of the BBMP employee there about how to apply and asked the concerned person to take the Application under SAKALA. They said, once the application is accepted you meet the Revenue Inspector for the DD to be submitted. I went home back and in the evening I got a message saying, your application is received and BB........454 is the tracking number.

After 15 days, I went to the same office again just to check the status and status was, DD to be submitted which is 2%. Infact, same communication was sent to me India Post but unfortunately, it did not reach me. After I came to know that DD has to be submitted, immediately I went to the nearest bank and took a DD and submitted it. All the requirements were fulfilled when I submitted the DD.

Then, exactly after 30 days (this is the time specified for Khata Transfer in SAKALA), my application was successfully processed and it was residing in the Uttarahalli office. When I visited the 5th Saturday from the 1st Saturday I applied, astonishingly I got the certificate in my hand.

Awesome experience I had and even one person did not ask a single paisa.

So, I suggest we as Citizen's make use of these wonderful programs and stop paying bribe.

To do a Khata Transfer, documents you need are as below:

1. APPLICATION IN PRESCRIBED FORM
2. ATTESTED COPY OF THE TITLE DEED
3. TITLE DOCUMENTS (PREVIOUS TITLE DEED) WITH FLOW CHART OF TITLE (IN CASE OF FAMILY PARTITION/BIFURCATION ETC.)(ATTESTED COPIES FROM GAZETTED OFFICER/BBMP OFFICERS)
4. COPIES OF THE PREVIOUS TAX PAID RECEIPTS
5. AFFIDAVIT IN CASE OF INHERITANCE / GIFT DEED / WILL DEED/ COURT DECREE ETC.,
6. ORIGINAL DEATH CERTIFICATE IN CASE OF KATHADARS DEATH(FOR TRANSFER)
7. NOC FROM ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE DECEASED KATHADARS FAMILY.

Time required:-
1. 7 working days in the case of BDA/KHB allotted properties
2. 30 working days in the case of revenue extensions, BDA re-conveyed areas, gramathana, high-rise buildings (both apartments & commercial complexes)

Nothing to worry, you just go with the attested copies of the Sale Deed, Mother Deed, then a photocopy of the Recent Tax Paid Receipt, Existing Khata Certificate, Encumberence Certificate for last 10 years (it costs you 130/-) and just carry rest of the documents photo copied.

For more info. refer:
http://www.sakala.kar.nic.in/gsc_home.aspx

Regards,
Arun

PS: Many are not aware of such programs as I met a person on the day I collected the certificate and he was asking how did this happen in 30 days. SAKALA information has to be passed everywhere.
sunil2929

Re: BBMP Khata Transfer - SAKALA

Post by sunil2929 »

Hi Arun,
Thank you for sharing this valuable information. Can i know if your site had betterment charges paid when you applied for Khata Transfer.

Reason: I am unable to get my Khata transfer done as BBMP officials say without betterment it is not possible to get the Khata transfer. I went many times to uttrahalli office and i heard the same from BBMP officials. I had plans of starting house construction soon. This is getting delayed. Your response would be much appreciated.

My site is In Raja Gardenia. DC converted. Registered in March 2015. Betterment charges not paid by the previous owner.

Regards,
Sunil
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Hi Sunil, I think Khata can be transferred if it is A khata or having a BDA khata. I assume the site you have bought is still to be moved to A (after paying the betterment charges) and hence, they are not ok to transfer. In general, only after paying the betterment charges, its the responsibility of BBMP to provide the services and hence, they take care of khata. Until then, they do not maintain records.

I may be wrong but this is my knowledge.
praveenkkr

Post by praveenkkr »

Hi Arun,
I had applied for Khata transfer at BBMP Kengeri office which was supposed to be dispersed on 27th of April. I had applied under Sakala.
On 28th of April, application is rejected. When I visited the office, reason for rejection was that the prior sale deed (sale deed before mine) is not attached.
Also, they are asking me to take them near the site as they wanted to do spot inspection.
They are also not giving me endorsement for rejection. Making reasons and asking me to visit again.

From my understanding, prior sale deed is not necessary as my site is BDA.
Can you please suggest what should be my next step?
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Hi Praveen, while applying for khata transfer did not they tell if all the documents are given. SAKALA clearly says what documents are needed and mother deed is very much needed for that. I am not sure if you are referring to the same (when you say prior sale deed). Unfortunate that, they did not help you and just rejected your application.

With the docket number, please check with SAKALA helpline to identify the reason for rejection. If it is just Mother Deed, then probably you need apply fresh.
praveenkkr

Post by praveenkkr »

Hi Arun,
Got my Khata Transfer done successfully today.
Anyhow, in my case, it was not as easy as yours. Below is my experience at Kengeri BBMP office:

Wanted to summarize the procedure for BDA/KHB empty plot khata transfer:
1. Collect Khata Transfer Application form from BBMP office (By paying the fee of Rs.10). Ask for list of documents necessary for Khata Transfer. Try to understand the procedure from different sources: internet, friends etc.
2. Don't beleive guys in BBMP office. They give only half baked info. For e.g., They never told me that the sale deed should be attested.
3. Get the application form signed by the person who has the Khata as of now (From whom the plot was purchased)
4. Submit ALL documents, not the only few mentioned in the sakala URL.
Submit: Khata certificate, Khata extract, All sale deeds photocopy starting from Mother deed (attested), BDA khata certificate, Tax paid receipts photocopy
5. Submit application and collect acknowledgment for the same. Also, get a sakala number for this.
6. Visit BBMP office every week and ask for update: if documentation is correct etc. (do not visit more, as it might irritate BBMP guys).
7. If application is rejected, collect endorsement. Submit necessary documents and again get a Sakala Number.
8. If they don't agree to give sakala number 2nd time, call sakala helpline and hand over the phone to the guy who say that the sakala no cannot be given.
9. If things are not happening, meet higher authority: ARO etc. In sakala website, there is a hierarchy mentioned for escalation also.
10. Ask for endorsement whenever application is rejected.

Also, I've following suggestion/observation:
1. Don't hesitate to speak to BBMP employees but don't be rude while speaking. It is possible that they will ignore you, but pester them, politely :twisted:
2. Don't assume that the documents are pakka and the work will be done in couple of visits. They always have reasons to reject the application.
3. Collect phone numbers and call them. Just take the update and nothing more. Visit them in person as far as possible.
4. They might be busy. In my case, they were busy in Census and also some tax related program. So, be ready to see the office empty as they might go on some other duty.
5. We should take some pain here to get the work done. It is not only to save money (to be paid to the broker). It is to stop contributing to corruption. And of course, the brokers: I really hate them.
6. Even if you have Sakala number, don't wait till it is closed/rejected. Visit the office once a week and know about the status. Otherwise, 1 month would be wasted if application is rejected because of documentation.

My experience in detail (read this only if you are already frustrated :evil: ):

1. Visited BBMP in March 1st week and got the application form.
2. Collected info from Sakala on the procedure for khata transfer ( http://www.kgsc.kar.nic.in/gsc_home.aspx )
3. Filled in the form, got signature from the previous owner (from whom I purchased the plot)
4. Went to BBMP office and submitted the application in the 3rd week of March. Also got sakala number for the same at the BBMP office.
5. April last week was the deadline for the khata transfer according to sakala. So, didn't bother till April last week. Anyhow, was checking the status of the application online. It was always "Accepted".
6. Visited BBMP office day after the deadline. Met Mr. Lingaraju and he said previous sale deed is also necessary and I should also get spot inspection done by the RI.
7. Called Sakala helpline and I was informed that the status is "Rejected". (Previous day, the application was promptly rejected. Later I checked after returning home).
8. Requested for endorsement and was asked to come next day. Collected mobile number of Lingaraju and the RI. RI was not in office. Called up RI, but no use.
9. Visited the BBMP office next day and collected the endorsement. Submitted the reply (ಹಿಂಬರಹ) along with the previous sale deed attested copy.
10. Now, the job is to get the RI for spot inspection. Whenever I call the RI (Mr. Sreenivas), he used to disconnect call as soon as I tell him that I'm waiting in the office to take him for spot inspection.
11. After 3 visits, could find Mr. Sreenivas and he said he is now transferred to another ward and new RI is in charge. Mr. Murthy was new RI and collected his number.
12. Mr. Murthy is a gentleman of all the people I've met. He picked up the call and said that he will do the inspection.
13. Next day, I visited BBMP office again, but Murthy said he can do inspection by his own. I left to my office. In the evening, Murthy called me back and informed that he has completed inspection.
14. Next 2 weeks, visited BBMP office alteast 6 times. Few times Lingaraju was missing and many times the ARO. Lingaraju never picks up call. Of course, he is very busy as I've seen him in office.
15. Last Friday, Lingaraju asked for DD. I provided and he asked me to come in the noon and collect the Khata. I told him that I will come tomorrow and left.
16. Saturday, Lingaraju was not in office and I was told that Khata extract is necessary. In the sakala website, this document is not listed at all.
17. I got really pi**ed off. Went to ARO and put out all my anger. He asked me to come on Monday with Khata extract.
18. On Monday, went to Lingaraju and submitted the Khata Extract. ARO wasn't there for further procedure.
19. Wednesday no one was in office as there was some meeting in RR nagar.
20. Today, I went in the morning and saw that both Lingaraju and ARO were in office. I decided to stay back and started asking for update every hour.
21. At around 2PM, I got the Khata, Finally.
Last edited by praveenkkr on September 22nd, 2015, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
praveenkkr

Post by praveenkkr »

Hi Arun,
Got my Khata Transfer done successfully today.
Anyhow, in my case, it was not as easy as yours. Below is my experience at Kengeri BBMP office:

Wanted to summarize the procedure for BDA/KHB empty plot khata transfer:
1. Collect Khata. Ask for list of documents necessary for Khata Transfer. Try to understand the procedure from different sources: internet, friends etc.
2. Don't beleive guys in BBMP office. They give only half baked info. For e.g., They never told me that the sale deed should be attested.
3. Get the application form signed by the person who has the Khata as of now (From whom the plot was purchased)
4. Submit ALL documents, not the only few mentioned in the sakala URL.
Submit: Khata certificate, Khata extract, All sale deeds photocopy starting from Mother deed (attested), BDA khata certificate, Tax paid receipts photocopy
5. Submit application and collect acknowledgment for the same. Also, get a sakala number for this.
6. Visit BBMP office every week and ask for update: if documentation is correct etc. (do not visit more, as it might irritate BBMP guys).
7. If application is rejected, collect endorsement. Submit necessary documents and again get a Sakala Number.
8. If they don't agree to give sakala number 2nd time, call sakala helpline and hand over the phone to the guy who say that the sakala no cannot be given.
9. If things are not happening, meet higher authority: ARO etc. In sakala website, there is a hierarchy mentioned for escalation also.
10. Ask for endorsement whenever application is rejected.

Also, I've following suggestion/observation:
1. Don't hesitate to speak to BBMP employees but don't be rude while speaking. It is possible that they will ignore you, but pester them, politely :twisted:
2. Don't assume that the documents are pakka and the work will be done in couple of visits. They always have reasons to reject the application.
3. Collect phone numbers and call them. Just take the update and nothing more. Visit them in person as far as possible.
4. They might be busy. In my case, they were busy in Census and also some tax related program. So, be ready to see the office empty as they might go on some other duty.
5. We should take some pain here to get the work done. It is not only to save money (to be paid to the broker). It is to stop contributing to corruption. And of course, the brokers: I really hate them.
6. Even if you have Sakala number, don't wait till it is closed/rejected. Visit the office once a week and know about the status. Otherwise, 1 month would be wasted if application is rejected because of documentation.

My experience in detail (read this only if you are already frustrated :evil: ):

1. Visited BBMP in March 1st week and got the application form.
2. Collected info from Sakala on the procedure for khata transfer ( http://www.kgsc.kar.nic.in/gsc_home.aspx )
3. Filled in the form, got signature from the previous owner (from whom I purchased the plot)
4. Went to BBMP office and submitted the application in the 3rd week of March. Also got sakala number for the same at the BBMP office.
5. April last week was the deadline for the khata transfer according to sakala. So, didn't bother till April last week. Anyhow, was checking the status of the application online. It was always "Accepted".
6. Visited BBMP office day after the deadline. Met Mr. Lingaraju and he said previous sale deed is also necessary and I should also get spot inspection done by the RI.
7. Called Sakala helpline and I was informed that the status is "Rejected". (Previous day, the application was promptly rejected. Later I checked after returning home).
8. Requested for endorsement and was asked to come next day. Collected mobile number of Lingaraju and the RI. RI was not in office. Called up RI, but no use.
9. Visited the BBMP office next day and collected the endorsement. Submitted the reply (ಹಿಂಬರಹ) along with the previous sale deed attested copy.
10. Now, the job is to get the RI for spot inspection. Whenever I call the RI (Mr. Sreenivas), he used to disconnect call as soon as I tell him that I'm waiting in the office to take him for spot inspection.
11. After 3 visits, could find Mr. Sreenivas and he said he is now transferred to another ward and new RI is in charge. Mr. Murthy was new RI and collected his number.
12. Mr. Murthy is a gentleman of all the people I've met. He picked up the call and said that he will do the inspection.
13. Next day, I visited BBMP office again, but Murthy said he can do inspection by his own. I left to my office. In the evening, Murthy called me back and informed that he has completed inspection.
14. Next 2 weeks, visited BBMP office alteast 6 times. Few times Lingaraju was missing and many times the ARO. Lingaraju never picks up call. Of course, he is very busy as I've seen him in office.
15. Last Friday, Lingaraju asked for DD. I provided and he asked me to come in the noon and collect the Khata. I told him that I will come tomorrow and left.
16. Saturday, Lingaraju was not in office and I was told that Khata extract is necessary. In the sakala website, this document is not listed at all.
17. I got really pi**ed off. Went to ARO and put out all my anger. He asked me to come on Monday with Khata extract.
18. On Monday, went to Lingaraju and submitted the Khata Extract. ARO wasn't there for further procedure.
19. Wednesday no one was in office as there was some meeting in RR nagar.
20. Today, I went in the morning and saw that both Lingaraju and ARO were in office. I decided to stay back and started asking for update every hour.
21. At around 2PM, I got the Khata, Finally.
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Praveen, appreciate your patience and your work done without bribe but with more time. This is the problem.
The value of your time, phone call, frustration, number of days delayed is equal to the bribe. If you bribe 5K, it would have been done without any hassle.
shivaramakrishnaraju

Post by shivaramakrishnaraju »

Hi Arun and Praveen,

Thank you so much for valuable information shared on this forum on BBMP Khata Transfer. I have applied BBMP Khata transfer through Sakala in BBMP Kengeri, got the Khata in 30 days without paying bribe. And got the owner details updated in Computer Records.

Thanks Again..

Regards,
Shiva
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Always good to know someone is benefited by the knowledge sharing. I appreciate you have not given any money to get the things done.

Return to “Regularisation”