All about 'B' katha aka 'B' Register

leelapk

All about 'B' katha aka 'B' Register

Post by leelapk »

I have read many blogs/forums to understand the 'B' Katha ( aka not a real katha but a 'B' Register)
Hope everyone contribute their understandings in this thread

1. Once you buy a B katha property, katha will not be transferred or even B katha will not be issued. Is this true?
Ans : As i understand since 'B' katha is not a real katha so there is no question of Katha in this case. Forget it.

2. Does the 'B' Katha register get updated once the purchase happens ?
Ans : ... No idea may be someone can answer

3. Is any certificate issued for 'B' katha sites?
Ans: (imported from ecopakcindia ) All the illegal or irregular or unauthorised properties of dubious nature are entered on the request of the purchaser and a certificate is issued under taxation act of 2008. It is issued earlier by the RI and as there were many fake, bogus and fabricated B kathas appeared, the issuing power had been delegated to the ARO.

4. Who can request a 'B' Katha ? ( Most important )
Ans: Can be request of the purchaser

5. As a new buyer can I request a new certificate?
Ans: .. I don't know exactly but you can always request a certificate
May be someone can shed more info here

4. Can I keep paying taxes for 'B' Katha?
Ans: Yes

5. How can a new buyer of the 'B' katha ensure the property into his ownership ?
Ans : ... I have no answer to this may be some one can

6. What are the contents of the 'EC' taken for such property? Will the EC be different compared to the 'A' katha property

7. Eligibility for loan?
Ans: Straghit away not eligible. But some privatized banks still do

8. Building plans will not be sanctioned ?
Ans: No question ... you build something and pay penalty later

9. Katha bifurcation, 'a' katha layout and 'b' katha site?
In what case I can get 'a' katha for my individual site?

Ans: I have no exact answer to this
kalidas

Re: All about 'B' katha aka 'B' Register

Post by kalidas »

I have updated the answers in bold to the best of my understanding. Others can correct me, if it is wrong

1. Once you buy a B katha property, katha will not be transferred or even B katha will not be issued. Is this true?
Ans : As i understand since 'B' katha is not a real katha so there is no question of Katha in this case. Forget it.
Right - It is just a entry.
2. Does the 'B' Katha register get updated once the purchase happens ?
Ans : ... No idea may be someone can answer
It does not mattter... does it, it is just an entry to store the unauthorized propertis for taxation.
3. Is any certificate issued for 'B' katha sites?
Ans: (imported from ecopakcindia ) All the illegal or irregular or unauthorised properties of dubious nature are entered on the request of the purchaser and a certificate is issued under taxation act of 2008. It is issued earlier by the RI and as there were many fake, bogus and fabricated B kathas appeared, the issuing power had been delegated to the ARO.
I think it is more a form which really does not make much relevance and is equivalent to a tax paid receipt4. Who can request a 'B' Katha ? ( Most important )
Ans: Can be request of the purchaser
Anyone without A -khata shud be eligible for B Khata- basically the owner should show the documents i guess.
5. As a new buyer can I request a new certificate?
Ans: .. I don't know exactly but you can always request a certificate
May be someone can shed more info here
I guess so, but what is the use of that certificate which does not have relevance.
4. Can I keep paying taxes for 'B' Katha?
Ans: Yes
Right

5. How can a new buyer of the 'B' katha ensure the property into his ownership ?
Khata alone does not mean much. There are lot o b khata properties. Encumberance certificate can be obtained which clearly shows the owner of the property. Also, in theory even if an apartment deviates heavily from the sanctioned planned they are not eligible for Occupancy certificate or A khata. But that does not mean that the property ownership is having any isssue..
6. What are the contents of the 'EC' taken for such property? Will the EC be different compared to the 'A' katha property
go to subregistar office with the survey number, boundaries, plot number etc and u will get EC.
7. Eligibility for loan?
Ans: Straghit away not eligible. But some privatized banks still do
- Yes some private HF agencies and banks do.
8. Building plans will not be sanctioned ?
Ans: No question ... you build something and pay penalty later
- With bribe anything is posssible.
9. Katha bifurcation, 'a' katha layout and 'b' katha site?
In what case I can get 'a' katha for my individual site?
A khata layout does not make sense, because u always get A khata for a large peice of land undivided. Only if the divided peices or the indivdual plots are approved by authorities like BDA, then u get A khata else B khata. However, many older properties which do not have approved plans seem to have got A khata. this is not the story for newer areas. Also some BBMP offices like Bommanahalli do give A khata for non approved sites provided DC converted and have a panchayat khata but some other bbmp offices do not. No one knows why.
Ans: I have no exact answer to this
leelapk

Re: All about 'B' katha aka 'B' Register

Post by leelapk »

Thanks for the corrections Kalidas.

Return to “Regularisation”