CMC approved plan with B Khata

balajirajan12

CMC approved plan with B Khata

Post by balajirajan12 »

I have finalized the purchase of an 6 year old apartment in JP Nagar 6 phase.

The apartment has its plan approved by CMC (then in 2005) and has only a B khata now .The reason being provided that no BBMP khata i.e. a A khata has been provided for that area since 2005.

Is my understanding correct that incase the Akrama Sakrama thing comes in place, then I will to pay an additional amount known as "Betterment charges" to get a BBMP khata ? Any idea of what that amount typically for an apartment having 1450 sq.ft could be ?

I approached SBI for loan and their lawyer said that sanctioning a loan on CMC plan is not a problem for SBI, but I will have a problem in registering the property on my name because its a B khata.

Request your advise whether I should go ahead and buy the property.balajirajan12
ecopackindia

Re: CMC approved plan with B Khata

Post by ecopackindia »

You can register the property with B katha. There is no problem for executing the sale deed.
ecopackindia
godisgood

Post by godisgood »

hi
can u let me know the potential risks in buying a house having cmc approved plan and b khata?
ecopackindia

Post by ecopackindia »

Dear Sir,
Read our articles about B katha in www.ecopackindia.wordpress.com and www.ecopackindia.blogspot.com
There is a register maintained in the BBMP in which all the genuine and legal property details have been entered and Katha Certificate and Extract is issued.
There is another Register maintained and all the illegal or irregular or unauthorised properties of dubious nature are entered on the request of the purchaser and a certificate is issued under taxation act of 2008. It is issued earlier by the RI and as there were many fake, bogus and fabricated B kathas appeared, the issuing power had been delegated to the ARO. It is useful to wash your hands of such property or sell the property. Once you buy a B katha property, katha will not be transferred or even B katha will not be issued. It is ineligible for loan. Building Plans will not be sanctioned for B katha property. You cannot sell it even. B katha is issued only once to a property.

This information is for GENERAL AWARENESS ONLY.
ecopackindia

Return to “Regularisation”