Betterment Charges payment and Khata issue

blrsiteseeker

Betterment Charges payment and Khata issue

Post by blrsiteseeker »

The much-anticipated move by the BBMP to levy improvement charges on DC converted Revenue sites for issuing permanent khatas came into effect from Monday.

check out the artilce in Deccan Herald.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/135 ... sites.html
amit_pearl2

Re: Betterment Charges payment and Khata issue

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Couple of questions.

I brought a site measuring little more than 1200 sq feet. Does it means i will have to pay

Site Dimension * 200 as improvement charges? or 150 rs applicable for 1200 and 200 rs applicable for 25 sqfeet....

I already have B-Khata.. i got this by paying 6k bribe? is this waste now?
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

amit_pearl

I don't know the details. But one thing I can answer for sure - you will need the A Khata for plan approval etc. B-khata is good only during registration and to have an id to pay taxes. the A-khata is the official permanent khata and is required for most transactions on the property.

I don't understand your calculation question for the amount (if it is 1200 sq. feet, what are you asking when you say "150 for 1200 and 200 for 25 sq. feet?)

I brought a site measuring little more than 1200 sq feet. Does it means i will have to pay

Site Dimension * 200 as improvement charges? or 150 rs applicable for 1200 and 200 rs applicable for 25 sqfeet....

I already have B-Khata.. i got this by paying 6k bribe? is this waste now?
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Here i make another attempt. As per the tariff given in paper.

For site with dimension 1200 square feet site or 111.48 square meters BBMP is charging aproximately Rs14/- per square feet as improvement charges

For a site with dimension 1200 square feet to 2400 square feet or 111.48 square meters to 222.96 square meters

The chargess are 18.60 rs per sqfeet.

Now my site is 1225 sqfeet. so am i suppose to pay

1225 * 18.60 = 22785

OR

1200 * 14 + 25 * 18.6 = 17265 ( here i have taken 14 rs for first 1200 sqfeet and 18.60 for rest 25 sqfeet). Something like electricity bill generations :)
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

thanks for clarification - (in your original post you said your site area was 1200 feet and then went on to ask about first 1200 and then the remainder 25). hence the confusion.

anyways, I don't know the payment amounts, where to pay and how to calculate - all those details did not seem to appear in the article. I am also waiting for more information like
1. when will they start collecting.
2. What are the rates
3. where exactly should we pay it.
4. what are the forms of payment and associated paper work.
5. Would we get the khata immediately upon payment, or have to go through the entire process of applying for khata etc.
6. Some clarifications on what sites fall under this category (there were questions such as big areas which were DC converted and not individual sites etc.) need to understand that better.

lots of questions (and so, am sorry to say - no answers yet for your question).
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Siteseeker,

Thanks for your response. I agree its pre-mature and only with time all our unknows will be clarified.

Lets hope BBMP comes up with an idea where in common man dont end up paying huge bribe in addtion to the
improvement charges. As i mentioned in my earlier post. I had to shell out 6 k bribe to get my B-khata
for the site.
karthink

Post by karthink »

Hello,
Can someone tell what is the status of this? I checked with the Bommanahalli BBMP and they said they have not got any circular regarding this?

It will be helpfull if someone can share the response they got.

Thanks
Karthik
jayateerthrk

Post by jayateerthrk »

Hi,

Any update on April 18th hearing?

Thanks,
Jay
karthink

Post by karthink »

Hello,
Though there was a news article that the BBMP is going to accept betterment charges and issue A khata etc.. sometime in Feb 2010, actually there was no action for the same from BBMP, since then, I have been enquiring regarding this in the BBMP office in my area (Anjanapura), but they keep saying that they have not got any intimation.

Now there is one more article in Deccan Herald, I dont know why they are confusing people by giving such news in the paper, either paper is not authentic or they are being take for a ride by the corrupt BBMP officials!
See the article below

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/166 ... rsion.html
karthink

Post by karthink »

Hello,
I went to the Anjanapura BBMP office and enquired the guy there (Srinivas) whether I can get A khata for my site (in a private layout middle of Anjanapura BDA township, DC converted, betterment charges paid to the BDA) and he said if I am ready to pay the betterment charges to the BBMP, he can get a A khata. Does any one has info on whether this can happen? If you know of someone who has done this earlier and got the A khata successfully, please let me know. Any info on this would be really helpful.
Thanks
Karthik

Return to “Regularisation”