Architect - Duplex House -30*40 Site

amit_pearl2

Architect - Duplex House -30*40 Site

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Hello All,

I have 30*40 west facing site. I am planning to build Duplex House for self living. Here are my observations challenges i see.

1) 30*40 is too small site to accommodate spacious 3 BHK Duplex (G+1) + decent car part

2) One option can be reserve completely ground floor for parking(stilt Parking) and construct Duplex above Stilt Parking. This will make the house look as if its in the air or like apartment. Apart from this, parents would have difficulty when there are too many steps.

3) I am not sure or have not seen many Semi Basement Duplex House. you climb fever steps compared to Duplex on Stilt Parking. Does BBMP allow Semi Basement Parking? I heard there will be parking challenges and water clogging challenges in case of Semi Basement Parking.

I am not sure if good architect can have better solution to my needs. I am also looking for references of Good Architect. Nice if the costing also is provided. Reviewing some of the threads in this forum, I found reviews of Ashwin Architect. Probably will meet him this week.

If anyone has idea about Semi Basement Duplex Houses, your inputs will help a lot. In addition

Will keep updating this Thread....
amit_pearl2

Re: Architect - Duplex House -30*40 Site

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Any Reference of Good Civil Engineer... Who is willing to work on full contract or Labour contract. I am more keen to work out on hybrid model.

Architect..... Good references will help, especially who are in South Bangalore.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

you can get in touch with civil engineer Mr Jagadeesh on 9845031133 who is doing my 30/40 west facing duplex house. Doing it on a laboour contract basis and Mr Jagadeesh monitors the work on a daily basis. He is a very good engineer. will recommend him. You may refer my name Mr Sachin while speaking to him.

Dont burn your hands with architects. its advisable to hire a good civil engineer and get the work done on a labour contract.

In case you are looking for a home loan you can call me on 9600490145 as i work with bank of baroda home loan cell and our rates are the lowest.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Amit,
A 30'x40' is not a small site at all. We did designs in as small as 20'x30' plots with open to sky garden areas of minimum 7'x7' size. I believe every site will have good opportunities to take in as advantages. Duplex has been reimagined in most of my designs in multiple configurations like "upside down", "multi level", "split level".

Upside down :-
Keeping living space in the first floor and bedrooms in the ground floor
Multi level :-
Increasing the floor height and creating mezzanine floors to get more living spaces & auxiliary spaces like study space, library, powder room etc.
Split level :-
Designing floor spaces at different levels in the same floor and making enough space for the parking area at the same time.

While opting for a duplex format floor plan you need to understand that climbing one floor up or down is mandatory for any one staying in the home .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects

amit_pearl2 wrote:
August 26th, 2021, 12:12 am
Hello All,

I have 30*40 west facing site. I am planning to build Duplex House for self living. Here are my observations challenges i see.

1) 30*40 is too small site to accommodate spacious 3 BHK Duplex (G+1) + decent car part

2) One option can be reserve completely ground floor for parking(stilt Parking) and construct Duplex above Stilt Parking. This will make the house look as if its in the air or like apartment. Apart from this, parents would have difficulty when there are too many steps.

3) I am not sure or have not seen many Semi Basement Duplex House. you climb fever steps compared to Duplex on Stilt Parking. Does BBMP allow Semi Basement Parking? I heard there will be parking challenges and water clogging challenges in case of Semi Basement Parking.

I am not sure if good architect can have better solution to my needs. I am also looking for references of Good Architect. Nice if the costing also is provided. Reviewing some of the threads in this forum, I found reviews of Ashwin Architect. Probably will meet him this week.

If anyone has idea about Semi Basement Duplex Houses, your inputs will help a lot. In addition

amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Sachin,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and contacts... Regarding Architect and Civil Engineer...this is how I see it, both play very important role....
Just a simple example, most of us manage to keep our bathroom clean, however when deep cleaning is needed we avail professor services..

Similarly...when it comes to building house, I do have plan in mind, however Architect can give more meaning to it, he can ensure the space utilisation is better, ventilation, lighting....the WoW factor is what architect gives....it's all's about good plan...

Good Civil Engineer and Contractor....they are men at work....and its must to have good civil engineer who will execute the plan and make it reality.... On a general not be, if you see house that has good elevation, good ventilation, lighting, no space wastage, then in majority of the cases there would good architect behind it.

Bank Loan, I will surely contact you, if i go for loan..

How was your experience getting plan approval, and other approval. Does the civil engineer helps to get this done?

catchmesachin wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 11:39 am
you can get in touch with civil engineer Mr Jagadeesh on 9845031133 who is doing my 30/40 west facing duplex house. Doing it on a laboour contract basis and Mr Jagadeesh monitors the work on a daily basis. He is a very good engineer. will recommend him. You may refer my name Mr Sachin while speaking to him.

Dont burn your hands with architects. its advisable to hire a good civil engineer and get the work done on a labour contract.

In case you are looking for a home loan you can call me on 9600490145 as i work with bank of baroda home loan cell and our rates are the lowest.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Hello Praveen,

Thank your for the details.....

Split level looks good, I have seen instances where people have ended up having too many steps inside house .. it has to be planned well.
Probably the room above parking is good option for split levels....

How much more one may need to shell out in case if split level.i could be wrong but I was 50% more construction cost.

I just don't want house to look like stack of matchbox at the same time need spacious house:)

ardesarchitects wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 11:05 pm
Hi Amit,
A 30'x40' is not a small site at all. We did designs in as small as 20'x30' plots with open to sky garden areas of minimum 7'x7' size. I believe every site will have good opportunities to take in as advantages. Duplex has been reimagined in most of my designs in multiple configurations like "upside down", "multi level", "split level".

Increasing the floor height and creating mezzanine floors to get more living spaces & auxiliary spaces like study space, library, powder room etc.
Designing floor spaces at different levels in the same floor and making enough space for the parking area at the same time.

While opting for a duplex format floor plan you need to understand that climbing one floor up or down is mandatory for any one staying in the home .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com

amit_pearl2 wrote:
Hello All,

ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi amith,
Split level planning is not 50% expensive but overall there will be 5-10% of cost escalation and need 3 -4 months extra as they cannot cast slabs in single time. It needs to be planned properly to avoid climbing up & down for each room separately rather it should be progressive levels going up.
For example
Main door foyer / dining / kitchen at level -1
Living at level -2
Bedroom at level -3
Other bedrooms at level -4
With respect to room sizes it's not just about how big the room is but how smart the storage and bed with good ventilation is important and it needs to be understood with a clear furniture layout.
I have seen many plans where they don't show the Tv unit location, shoe rack area etc and the owner is also ready to accept the plan as it is and says we can see later in the construction time :)
There is no use of floor plan without clear furniture layout, window locations etc.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com

amit_pearl2 wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 10:37 am
Hello Praveen,

Thank your for the details.....

Split level looks good, I have seen instances where people have ended up having too many steps inside house .. it has to be planned well.
Probably the room above parking is good option for split levels....

How much more one may need to shell out in case if split level.i could be wrong but I was 50% more construction cost.

I just don't want house to look like stack of matchbox at the same time need spacious house:)

ardesarchitects wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 11:05 pm
Hi Amit,

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com

amit_pearl2 wrote:
Hello All,

chandramouli

Post by chandramouli »

Hi Amith,

You can contact Ms Aparna Chandramouli, Architect and Interior Designer, who lives on Kanakpura Road, for your requirements. Her mail ID is << Architects.imagine@gmail.com >>. You can give my reference if required.

Regards
basheer

Post by basheer »

Since you fear water logging issues which is a genuine issue, I suggest that you don't construct basement at all. Make the ground floor only 7 to 8 feet all. This will serve as car park, store rooms to keep items that you use only once in while. The entrance to your actual home will be at first floor. First floor and second floor can be a duplex house. This way, your concern for your aged parents (blessed are you that you care so much for your parents) too will be addressed as they have to climb only a few steps compared to a normal roof height.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Semi Basement has water clogging issues.....

The only option left is basement full parking followed by Duplex. I was told we need to atleast 9 feet height for stilt parking. Max we can reduce one or two steps...

Split floors will make house look nicer will have its own challenges....

Lets see how it goes will keep this group posted

Regards

basheer wrote:
September 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm
Since you fear water logging issues which is a genuine issue, I suggest that you don't construct basement at all. Make the ground floor only 7 to 8 feet all. This will serve as car park, store rooms to keep items that you use only once in while. The entrance to your actual home will be at first floor. First floor and second floor can be a duplex house. This way, your concern for your aged parents (blessed are you that you care so much for your parents) too will be addressed as they have to climb only a few steps compared to a normal roof height.

Return to “General”