Buying a built house

annanya84

Buying a built house

Post by annanya84 »

Hello all. need some guidance from the experts here.

I am planning to buy a built house on 30x40 plot. It's in a private layout with A-khata. Can you please advise what all documents are needed for verification by legal from site and house perspective?

Many thanks.
ardesarchitects

Re: Buying a built house

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi annanya84,
Few things you need to check for while buying a ready built house.
Construction
1. Is the structure future ready ? footings done to take care of additional load of at least one floor
2. Pictures during construction specially showing steel use , this will give you confidence of what the seller says
3. Soil digging pictures during construction
4. If its a house built by a contractor/builder with intention to sell then you should ask for above details as its purely business purpose done . In the case of a personal home then you can expect limited compromises on the base materials as no one does it for his own home.
5. Any picture evidence of wood used
6. Check for electrical main boards by opening the door and observing the quality of wiring used, there is no harm in opening one of the switch boards if they allow.
7. Inspect the pipeline for any bends that show the quality of pipes
8. Flooring level and finishing details
Documents
1. A khata certificate
2. Any bank loan on site or construction to be paid directly to bank
3. Owner details as per site sale deed
4. Site /land transaction history latest EC
5. Owner pan number matching with challan documents
6. Incase of family joint property accordingly all the parties signed and agreement
7.  Building sanction dwg
8. A-khata betterment charges challan is important since you do get conditional A-khata without paying betterment charges.

The above are some of the basics to be verified, further you need to approach a lawyer  for checking of genuinity  of the above documents  and an architect to check the quality of home.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
blr78

Post by blr78 »

Hi ardesarchitects, Very good info. Thanks a lot. I have a few related questions. ( I am not the person who started the thread though) . Lets say the house is brand new (built with the intent to live, not to sell), unused and the seller is selling due to some financial problems. ( Thats what they claim though).
1. What are some of the additional considerations the buyer should have?.
2. As expected, the price looks very high to me. They have used premium materials and it feels very premium. I wanted to do some basic maths on construction cost. I believe, on an average per sq ft price is rs 2000. I will use this as the base and then add premium. After adding this, how high can per sq/ft cost go to? 3000?. (Btw it has home automation, wardrobes, modular kitchen, premium bathroom fittings like toto etc) I know, there is no standard answer here. But wanted to get some high level idea.
3. I dont want to reject this house just because asking price > land cost+construction cost. I think I should add some additional premium because I wont have the headache of construction and I can move right away. On an average, what should this premium be?
Thanks in advance sir.
kavery

Post by kavery »

ardesarchitects wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 6:59 pm
Hi annanya84,
Few things you need to check for while buying a ready built house.
Construction
1. Is the structure future ready ? footings done to take care of additional load of at least one floor
2. Pictures during construction specially showing steel use , this will give you confidence of what the seller says
3. Soil digging pictures during construction
4. If its a house built by a contractor/builder with intention to sell then you should ask for above details as its purely business purpose done . In the case of a personal home then you can expect limited compromises on the base materials as no one does it for his own home.
5. Any picture evidence of wood used
6. Check for electrical main boards by opening the door and observing the quality of wiring used, there is no harm in opening one of the switch boards if they allow.
7. Inspect the pipeline for any bends that show the quality of pipes
8. Flooring level and finishing details
Documents
1. A khata certificate
2. Any bank loan on site or construction to be paid directly to bank
3. Owner details as per site sale deed
4. Site /land transaction history latest EC
5. Owner pan number matching with challan documents
6. Incase of family joint property accordingly all the parties signed and agreement
7.  Building sanction dwg
8. A-khata betterment charges challan is important since you do get conditional A-khata without paying betterment charges.

The above are some of the basics to be verified, further you need to approach a lawyer  for checking of genuinity  of the above documents  and an architect to check the quality of home.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com
Hi
Assuming that you are into house building and such, I have a question. Am thinking of constructing a house on our 60x40 plot in HSR layout. What is the best price I can hope to get for a small but spacious 2 or 3 bedroom house with Mysore teak and good material though not very luxurious? Could you mention the price per square or something like that?
Appreciate your response
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Kavery,
In today's market to construct a decent quality and aesthetically good looking home will cost you 2000/- per sqft. The construction price is very fluctuating in the last 6-9 months as the base material prices are changing by 5-10% on a daily basis.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “General”