chandraklc

Extra land for corner site

Post by chandraklc »

Hi All,

i have odd corner site north east plot.
east side 20 feet
west side 15feet
north and south is 40 feet
totally around 700 feet area. i have registered the land for this dimension only.
there is extra land available since mine is corner on the north side around 3 feet. i.e., around 3 *40 = 120 feet.
because of extra land
east side total is 23 feet
west side total is 18 feet

i have built house using full area and now worried about the consequences if BBMP or BDA finds it. usually what is the procedure to make it legal these kind of extra lands. i am ready to pay for the extra land to govt.
msn1270

Re: Extra land for corner site

Post by msn1270 »

Firstly Confirm, whether your Plot is developed by BDA ??
If Yes, you can visit your nearest BDA Office and check for the process to get it legally transferred to your name, as its just a 3 ft extra land, which can't be sold separately for any other purpose. Generally for bigger dimensions areas of Corner Plots, BDA Auctions them after the layout/area is fully developed/occupied by majority, any time whenever they need Money. But in your case, its not applicable.

If its a private layout developed by any third party, this kind of small margin lands will be left (Unaccounted) for the Corner Odd dimensional plots, while making layout plan to maintain the Uniform lines for the Plot & the Roads. In many cases, these extra land will not even be mentioned in the layout maps. until & Unless someone raises legal dispute(either the Layout Developer or neighbors), no harm for you. You can enjoy it as a Bonus.
chandraklc

Post by chandraklc »

Hi msn1270,
thanks for your detailed information.
its not developed by BDA. developed by third party and handed over to BDA, now our layout is BDA approved layout.
yes only 3 feet is extra on the road side. totally around 3 * 40 feet = 120 feet. same corner line 2 to 3 plots which has same 3 feet extra constructed houses utilizing this extra piece. anyway i am ready to register on my name if BDA or BBMP make any issues in future.

thanks for your information.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

As in your case, it only a BDA Approved Layout, BDA won't sell any extra Margin Lands, as its not a legal owner unlike BDA Developed Layouts. So you can utilize this extra land informally, preferably using it for leaving the Setback area rules is advisable.
chandraklc

Post by chandraklc »

Hi Msn,

thank you very much for your valuable information, as u rightly said will utilize this area for set backs.

Return to “General”