Procedure after successful bidding in BDA e-Auction

sheruvs

Procedure after successful bidding in BDA e-Auction

Post by sheruvs »

Friends,

I have seen many posts about procedure for participating in BDA e-Auction. In true spirit, many have responded and provided valuable info.

I am seeking info about what is the procedure AFTER successful bidding. There is one post about this, but it is 6 years old. If anyone has been successful in the recently held e-Auctions, can you pl share the process after the close of bidding till registration stage? Would be very useful to many.

Thanks in advance.
Warm regards, stay safe! :-)
ravikumar124

Re: Procedure after successful bidding in BDA e-Auction

Post by ravikumar124 »

Thanks for new topic , even i am trying to find more information .. my first hurdle is RTGS limit is 10 lacks per day how can transfer more 30 lacks within 72 hours to BDA account .
vipulkr

Post by vipulkr »

You can transfer more than 10 lakhs by Visiting the branch directly (instead of Internet banking). You need to mention the actual reason for transferring large amount of money.
sheruvs

Post by sheruvs »

I was hoping someone would reply to my query, but it seems experience is the best teacher.

Let me share my experience for the benefit of others. I participated in the BDA E-Auction held on 6-7-8 Aug 2020.

First, @ravikumar124, I too had the same doubt, but this is easily solved. You do not need to transfer the amount from your SB account. You need to go to your bank and request your bank to do the transfer to BDA. You have to take an RTGS challan, fill it with pertinent details, and submit it with a cheque for the requisite amount (with bank charges). They would remit the amount on your behalf and would give you the UTR number written on the challan counterfoil. Its important that this transfer is done within 3 working days after the end of auction bidding (last date by which the initial 25% of site value is to be remitted is specified in the BDA advice letter received thru email).

Next steps are:

1. Take two xerox copies each of the above challan counterfoil and the BDA advice letter and visit Canara Bank, BDA complex branch, Kumarakrupa. This is a short walk away from the main entrance of BDA. Theres a xerox shop too nearby if you need copies.
Bank timings:Mon: 10.00am to 2.00pm; 2.30pm to 3.30pm; 2nd,4th Saturday and Sunday holiday

2. You have to write the UTR number, date of remittance, amount and your phone number, on the bottom part of the xerox copies of the BDA advice letter and submit the same to the person next to the teller counter. He will verify receipt of the money, seal and sign these copies and return to you.

3. Then you need to give all the copies to another nearby counter (labelled CHALLAN). There, the gentleman would enter your written details in the system, retain your xerox copies, and give you a printout of a challan with its printed carbon copy. The original is for you, the copy is for BDA
NOTE: I went right in the morning to the bank and the work here got over pretty quickly. I had to wait till 3.00pm as 3.00 to 5.00 (or 5.30?) are the visiting hours for BDA. I had to kill time for 2.5 hrs. You can go to Canara Bk in the afternoon. Also, note depending on the rush, you may have to wait outside the bank in queue - Covid restrictions :(

4. Then when you are allowed to enter BDA premises at 3.00 pm (there will be a looong queue, but many would have come for other work, not all for auction related), you need to go to Block-D - after entry from the gate, you take a right turn, and the building straight ahead of you is the one. Walk up to 2nd floor (take the lift, if you please, but better to avoid in Covid times..and walking is also good for your heart :-). As soon as you reach the 2nd floor landing, take a left straight upto the very end of the corridor, the room to your left is the Accounts Section (Room 308) where you have to submit the copy of the challan received from Canara bank. (no need to submit the advice letter copy here)

5. You need to write your name, postal address, email address and mobile number behind this challan and just hand it to over to them.

6. Go home feeling happy that you have done a good day's job :D

They will send the letter by Speed Post within 15-20 days (by email too, I suppose) wherein confirmation of sale and details about payment of the balance 75% and TDS would be specified. So better have someone at home to receive it. After receipt of this letter, you have 45 days to remit the balance.

Staff at both Canara Bank and at the Accounts section were very cordial and helpful in answering queries. I feel if we are considerate and polite to them, we too will be repaid back in kind :D

This whole process is just to confirm to BDA the receipt of the amount remitted by you. Just like how the e-Auction has been made online, this too could have been made online so that the Accounts section can see your payment in their systems - hence avoiding citizens to go through this process. Lets hope they do it soon for the benefit of those who come after us.

I recently got a message from Wikipedia website requesting for a small donation to maintain independence of the website (it is a non-profit and they don't host advertisements. Had they done so, Wikipedia's founder would have been a millionaire long ago). Anyway, coming to the point, it pained me to read in that message that we Indians do not give as much as we take. This is to emphasize to share info for other's benefit. If anyone has more to add about their experiences, please do share. Sharing is caring :D

I forgot to ask the Accounts section for their timings (esp if they are open on Saturday - that's when I can go without taking a day off). If someone can update these details here, I would be grateful.

Thats all, for now friends. Stay safe!
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

hi sheruvs ,

Thanks a lot to pen down very details steps , first of all congrats for making it final Bid ( no need to disclose ) for sure it not easy one atleast mine case in SIR MV layout where i got it was almost like 2.5 times ...from base price and it seems like real estate guys still active on last day pushing higher , higher :) ..

Anyway i will share my process here as of now , i did RTGS and split amount multiples of 10 lakhs due to interbank per day limt

i got confirmation letter via email and now Planning to call BDA tomorrow to confirm amount credited or else i need to ask someone to travel to Bangalore for this job and i am considering this as last option considering ongoing Covid thing .. i don't know i might be worng but i feel this can be done online or over email ...

and big Thanks again for details steps , this will help now and near future for sure and this can work as base line for rest of people when then plan E auction .. i think u are able to add details if u make post at last or else if u r not makeing one then i will refer u r information ( with your permission if its allowed ) create one new post what next after selected as your offere seleted as final Bid with all details information .

meanhwile i would like to keep in touch with you via this post for next steps process , it seems u already share more infromation like to get a letter it will take 15-20 days which is for is very surpising as i was expecting to close this one in with in 2 weeks after 25 % payment .

Thanks a lot once again , i spend a lot of times searching for some information and to sort the process and now someone is willing to share information which is very details :)

Regards
kumar
sheruvs

Post by sheruvs »

Hi Kumar,

Congrats to you too for the winning bid.

The 15-20 days for issue of letter confirming the sale by BDA is due to the fact that they want to collate the challans of all people who have bid the highest and send the letters at one go. I learn that the entire process would take 2 to 2.5 months till the point of registration of the site.

If you wish to refer to my info in another post, you are welcome, but pl provide a link to my post for reference, I will add more information about the progress here itself for the sake of continuity and as it would be convenient for others to refer.

All the very best :)

Return to “General”