Borewell and Hydrogeological map

ganeshncm

Borewell and Hydrogeological map

Post by ganeshncm »

Need a small help. I am planning to dig a borewell in my house. There are two points suggested, but on both the points, neighbours have a bore that is about 30 feet away. I want to conclusively check whether digging bore will affect them. I check with geologists but no one is able to tell conclusively whether it will affect neighbour or not. Does anyone know whether geologists have Hydrogeological map that call clearly tell whether the water table that is in my site is the same as that of my neighbour or different?

Thanks a lot in advance.
girishshk

Re: Borewell and Hydrogeological map

Post by girishshk »

I understand your problem, but no one uses those sophisticated equipments to verify if you and your neighbors use the same water table, also one main thing is all those can change due to earth movements and other circumstances . Its understood that its your luck to get good water source for prolong period..
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

There are chances that the neighbors bore well would be affected. when you dig a bore well, it is possible that the bore well digs through the aquifer your neighbor is drawing water from. when you dig deeper, and if you encounter an empty gap in the rocks, that can drain the aquifer your neighbor is drawing water from. There is nothing you can do about it and no one can predict if this can happen or not. You have every right to dig a bore well in your site just as your neighbors.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

thank you girishshk and tvsh for your guidance

Return to “General”