How to Pay BDA property tax for a new house

MNRS

How to Pay BDA property tax for a new house

Post by MNRS »

Hi All

Please help me in getting the info.

I have constructed a house in a BDA approved Layout, and got BDA Land Khata for the same. So far, for the past 2 years paid the BDA property tax on vacant land to BDA.

Now, we need to pay property tax to BDA for the house + Land. There are some violations in constructions in terms of set backs etc.

I have contacted some consultants and they said they can get the property tax for the approved plan. But not for the actual built up area. So how to proceed further ? Do you have any pointers ?

Thanks in advance
jackalbda

Re: How to Pay BDA property tax for a new house

Post by jackalbda »

Most practical way:

Get a deal struck with the BDA supervisor for your area. I paid 4K as bribe. But recently my friends tell that , based on many factors like "rent out planned in your construction", extend of violation , cost of the house etc, they charge anything between 3k to 20k !!
MNRS

Post by MNRS »

Okay.. Thanks jackalbda.

I usually find easy to get the BBMP guys, but how can I get the BDA supervisors ? Need to visit the BDA office to get them, right ?

Also, isn't better first to pay the property tax w/o violations, as per the approved plan, but later when convert to BBMP khata, that time pay the property tax with violations ? Can it done ?

Thanks
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

You just need to enquire with your neighbours or visit the BDA office as a last option.

To pay the building tax first, your BDA case worker has to approve your request first ( unlike BBMP where you do a self tax evaluation first), is what my belief is ( I might be wrong ). That way , even if you want to pay the building tax with your approved plan , there has to be a vist from BDA to your house to confirm that it is all as per plan !!
skarnavar

Post by skarnavar »

I can help if your Layout is approved from HSR BDA Office.
bbllaazzee

Post by bbllaazzee »

@skarnavar, when you say you will help, do you know someone from BDA or are you from BDA or are you an agent. This will help so that members will know if they should approach you or not.

Return to “General”