Clarification on A khatha apartments in B Khata Layout

raja2013

Clarification on A khatha apartments in B Khata Layout

Post by raja2013 »

Hi,

I see several areas in bangalore with B Khata land/sites. These are unapproved layouts as they are B Khata. But at the same time, I see apartments being constructed by small builders in these areas and they offer A Khata for the apartments. How is this possible when the layout is not approved?

A clarification on this is appreciated

Thanks
Raja
prabhu422p

Re: Clarification on A khatha apartments in B Khata Layout

Post by prabhu422p »

The total land might be DC Converted and the builder got 'A' Khatha for the plot on which he had constructed Apartment by paying bettermant charges to BBMP.

Thanks
Prabhakar
jpnagarprop

Post by jpnagarprop »

There is cap on minimum area of land needed to initiate DC conversion may be 10k sqft.
arpanban

Post by arpanban »

Hello Folks,

I was also informed by my builder that Hand Written manual Khata will be provided. There wont be any Photo of mine. However, people who have registered earlier than me got Electronic Khata (With Photo). Builder informed me that value is same for both. I am very new to this process and not sure what else to ask and how the people who register earlier got proper Khata. Mine is apartment under BBMP, the layout is approved by BBMP and I checked the number in BBMP site. DC was done.

Any help will be appreciated.
kanukaushik

Post by kanukaushik »

@arpanban - As you mentioned 'the layout is approved by BBMP ' , BBMP Does not have authority to approve any layout , its just tax collecting authority (Via A or B Khata). only BDA/BMRDA can approve a layout.
arpanban

Post by arpanban »

Sorry... I mean to say BMRDA.....
kanukaushik

Post by kanukaushik »

In that case , manual khata don't hav any significance now. only e-khata is valid
raja2013

Post by raja2013 »

Still I have questions which need clarifications.

1. There are several layouts like gaurav nagar, sun city layout (near jp nagar 7th phase), akshaya nagar (near DLF) all of which are not approved layouts and the sites are supposed to be B khata. Everyone says they have stopped approving new layouts. In these layouts, there are several builders coming up with apartments. Are they building them in B khata land? Is it allowed? I hear that they have understanding with the bank to provide loans even though they are B khata sites. Is that true?
2. Does A khata is provided for individual flats in the apartments? Or it is only for the land and they give only occupancy certificate for the flats? Is khata provided for the land as well as flats?

Since it is all confusing, I wanted to get clarification.

Thanks
Raja
raja2013

Post by raja2013 »

Hi,

Can someone reply to my questions?

Thanks
Raja
mybdaprop

Post by mybdaprop »

All these B katha layouts are 100% illegal. If anyone want to construct a house or buy plot or buy apartment, one has to make sure the layout is Approved by either BDA or BMRDA with genuine license number and approved plan..

These junk builders they start building apartments in B-Katha layouts , they will bribe the bank managers [eg: if bank manager approves one home loan for an apartment/plot with illegal documents, he will get one lakh bribe], some of the banks who give loan are IndiaBulls, IDBI, LIC housing Finance.. [All these banks have strict document checking, but if bank manager is corrupt, he has autohrity to approve loan, irrespective of any documents/duplicate docs/ duplicate Katha etc]..

Also note that in BBMP, there are corrupt clerks who gives A-Katha [hand written Katha, and put sign and seal also, as they have access to seal], buyer need to be very very careful, you must check if builder is saying A-Katha, please ask him for PID number, using this PID number you can check the Katha details online. If builder is having hand written katha, and no PID number, then its bogus Katha..

Return to “General”