BBMP Khata amalgamation

r2010jbangalore

BBMP Khata amalgamation

Post by r2010jbangalore »

I purchased 2 adjacent (30x50) sites in a BDA-approved layout. Both sites are registered in my name.
The land has been within BBMP limit for a few years and had a BBMP A-khata for the whole property.
Now I have received 2 separate BBMP A-khatas in my name - one for each site.
I plan to construct a house spanning the 2 plots.

In order to get the house plan sanctioned from BBMP, do I need to get the 2 khatas amalgamated?

Has anyone gone through the process of getting khata amalgamated from BBMP? Is it complicated?
Does it require an NOC from BDA?

Any information/pointers you can provide will be very helpful...

Thanks,
RJ
nagsbhat

Re: BBMP Khata amalgamation

Post by nagsbhat »

Hi RJ,
It is easy. You need khata of both the properties, latest tax paid receipts and sale deed copy of both the properties. You need to write a letter requesting the amalgamation and submit to RO of concerned BBMP (I think the request has to be on a 20 rupee stamp paper). It takes a week time.
How I approached was different. I knew the tax collector personally and in order to save going to BBMP offices (I only have Saturdays that I can go and BBMP does not work on second Saturday), I requested his help. I negotiated a deal for certain amount where I had only to give all the property papers and sign the request letter, he will get it done in 7 working days and deliver at my door step. He only purchased stamp paper, got it typed etc. No NOC was required from BDA.
r2010jbangalore

Post by r2010jbangalore »

Hi nagsbhat,

Thanks for your reply. At the end of this process, did you receive a new khata certificate and a new khata extract for the combined property?
Also, what is the process for ongoing property tax payment for the combined property? Do you make 2 separate payments still, or one property tax payment for the combined property?

Thanks and best regards,
RJ
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

They will give the following:
1. A letter indicating the amalgamation of the two sites with one khata merged in the other. The letter also contains the new tax amount fixed for the combined site.
2. Khata certificate
3. Khata extract.

For 2 and 3, you have to pay extra and request separately. I requested it for my reference.

Cheers,
N
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

@Nagsbhat @ Hi bhat,
Can you please send me your contact number through personnel message.
I also need to get exactly same thing done. How much does it cost?

One lawyer is asking hefty amount 25K for some deed of declaration and 12K BMMP charges.
while others 5+ lawyers are telling me that Deed of Declaration is not at all required, it can be done with just one notary and it would cost
only about 500-800 for note ray and another 5K at BBMP office.

Not sure which route to take Route 1 that s costing 37K for khata amalgamation or route 2 which is costing about 6K
lawyer on route 1 is very confidently scaring us that if you take route 2 it wont stand in future and you may face problem.
Please guide.If you can share the contact who got it done for your I can ask the same
nagsbhat

Post by nagsbhat »

Route 2 is good enough. There is no problem and with the computerization at BBMP, all your records will be updated. As per BBMP terms (irrespective of who gets it done), they will put a clause that if any dispute arises they will cancel the amalgamation.
Lawyer is just scaring.
Yes, there is a notary required which BBMP person will handle. I suggest you to talk to BBMP tax person who will get everything done for you without any travel around BBMP offices.
If your property is south Bangalore, I can give his reference.
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

Yes our property is in south Bangalore only. It falls under Bommanhalli ARO office.

Thanks Nagsbhat.
vinosubr

Post by vinosubr »

Can you please give me any reference for completing amalgamation process. I am having site in HBR Layout and i feel this is Bangalore North. Does anyone have the checklist of process and steps to be completed?

Return to “General”