Developement opposite to varthur lake

vinayshivakumar

Developement opposite to varthur lake

Post by vinayshivakumar »

Hi All,
I pass through sh-35 adjacent to varthur lake to work and see a lot of sand piled up and some (land leveling ??) activity bang opposite to Varthur lake. Anyone knows what this is about ?? I also saw a gate. IS this a sand quarry or is some development coming up there ?
MNRS

Re: Developement opposite to varthur lake

Post by MNRS »

I believe the land is converted from agricultural land to other uses :( Earlier it used to be pretty good with greenary, and I heard it was a pretty good agricultural land too.

I heard some big builders have bought the land even some people are saying kind of apartments/layouts/malls.
lasrador

Post by lasrador »

RIght now its being used as a landfill.. (mostly construction debris).. i did enquired with the guard a couple of years back and he told me that the land is under litigation, but a large residential development is on the cards. Its such a pity that another lakefront property is being utilized for commercial gains. Its an understood fact that the core of the city is choked and sub urban development is the need of the hour, but for pete's sake not at the cost of the ecosystem. Bangalore is already like a patient on a life support system. And the developers remind me of those hindi movies in which a sidey villian would sneak into the patient's ward and unplug the machine. Im not someone who's against development, but having lived here and seen the utter disregard these developers have for the ecosystem, i have to say another lake is gonna bite the dust. And the fact that disgusts me the most is the effin sanctioning bodies, run by buffaloes (trying to be as civil as possible) with bloated stomachs and an ego to match, who haven't heard of the terms feasiblity study and ecological impact. All they ever do is regurgitate their words (you know the words that eventually get you to pay a bribe) and harass dimwits who treat them like demigods with hopes of reducing bribes. These idiots can't regulate their body weight let alone the mechanisms that have to be adhered to while tampering with nature. side tracking a little bit.. i finally beat google! it din't show me a single result for a fat indian prime minister!! hahaha.

The point being, we have to realise the importance of lakes in a landlocked city. For instance in this case the following, among many others, would be the impact of an insensitive development on this plot.

-The hydrological cycle of the area is gonna be seriously affected if the developers go in for a basement.
- The breeze emanating from the water body wont spread around as the development is gonna be bang in its path hence affecting the microclimate adversely.
- Birds which flock around the lake are gonna disappear eventually owing to the loss of habitat.. this would trigger a rise in the number of pests and eventually lead to spread of diseases.
- For all you know the effluents may be released into the lake thereby contaminating it further.
- the lakes gonna slowly but surely dry up because of water utilization by these developments.

All i ask is that these developers are sensitive towards the environment in which they're building.. there are ways in which this plot could be developed without affecting the lake.. infact there are ways in which a development on this plot can enhance the vitality and beauty of the lake.. But a woman blessed with natural beauty never needed no silicones. just saying.
vinayshivakumar

Post by vinayshivakumar »

I stay near Panathur , and its very sad the way the development in that area is panning out - really ugly apartments , no open areas / parks , no roads... i dont know how they got approvals... Seems no one cares about anything. I am looking to buy a plot , but find most places so badly developed/maintained that i don't feel like living in those areas.
san0077

Post by san0077 »

I think it is Prestige group new project - lakeside habitat, Gunjur near varthur lake, Whitefield

http://bangalorenest.com/Top-Stories/Lakeside-Habitat

san
MNRS

Post by MNRS »

No. Prestige Lakeside Habitat is located near Gunjur opp to the Crysalis High School. Again it is about 104 acres project.

Return to “General”