Info on apartments in North Bangalore

blrsiteseeker

Info on apartments in North Bangalore

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Looking for apartments in North Bangalore (preferably in Malleswaram, Rajajinagar, Sadashivnagar, Hebbal, Jakkur, Jalahalli...).

What we would like is a low rise apartment complex (ground + 3 or 4 max), well maintained, ready to occupy, by reputed builders. Resales are preferred, but will be ok with buying from builder (if the complex is ready and already inhabited).

There is a long list of apartment complexes (but some are still in building stages). but here is what I have gatherered -
Brigade Gateway (Malleswaram/yeshwantpur - under construction)
Brigade Courtyard (HMT / Jalahalli - under construction)
Prestige Kensington (Jalahalli - ready to occupy)
Prestige Wellington (jalahalli - ready to occupy)
Sobha Sapphire (bellary road - resales)
Sobha Amber (jakkur / hebbal - resales)
sobha Malachite (all phases off bellary road - resales)
sobha zircon (off bellary road - resales)
sobha orchid (off bellary road - resales).
Golden Grand (hebbal - ?)
Platinum city (hebbal - ?)

does anyone have any idea on what the prices are for the above, the availability, resale info etc.

Also, those of you who know these apartments, if you have any comments - positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
rewatcher

Re: Info on apartments in North Bangalore

Post by rewatcher »

A 3 BR apartment in Brigade Gateway is in the vicinity of 1 crore. This was 3 months back when I checked with someone from Brigade sales and also a couple of resellers. It should be negotiable to some extent I guess. You can also consider Godrej Woodsman estate near Hebbal Flyover. The prices there are slightly lower than Brigade Gateway and also is nearing completion.
duffyhair

Post by duffyhair »

if they build 100 or 200 apartments in a property spanning an area of 1 sqkm and more; then its worth paying 1 crore for those comfort and privacy!
cramming apartments like match boxes and asking them to shell 1 crore each.. sometimes i doubt what makes people to buy such over priced properties!
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

rewatcher - thank you for the pricing information.

duffyhair, I totally agree. the prices are obscene. In the end, if the quality is good, and there is some privacy, one would be a little more amenable to pay it. But most of these seem to be just barely there in terms of quality.

One question I have is - how is the maintenance (meaning will the exteriors etc. be maintained well). One reason for hesitation and so much research in buying an apartment is this - in a few years the outside of the apartment looks so shabby, that after we invest so much money we still won't have a nice place to call home (granted the inside could be done well by you).

Sobha Amber - that we saw, seems to have been maintained well (saw it 2 years back), not sure how old it was by then and how it looks now. how are some of the big brand name apartments (such as brigade, prestige, raheja etc.) those that were completed about 5-10 years ago. have any of you seen how they look today?

thanks again.
duffyhair

Post by duffyhair »

blrsiteseeker wrote:duffyhair, I totally agree. the prices are obscene. In the end, if the quality is good, and there is some privacy, one would be a little more amenable to pay it. But most of these seem to be just barely there in terms of quality.
Yeah for ex, a property in Prestige Shantiniketan fell down even b4 handing over to the residents. wonder how people can get confidence in to live there.
One question I have is - how is the maintenance (meaning will the exteriors etc. be maintained well). One reason for hesitation and so much research in buying an apartment is this - in a few years the outside of the apartment looks so shabby, that after we invest so much money we still won't have a nice place to call home (granted the inside could be done well by you).
Most of residents are lazy to form a society or get it done by sub contracting the work to contractor. therefore the exterior walls look dull in 3-5 years. Most of time, the painting should be done once in 3-5 years (thanks to pollution in Bangalore) and large apartment complexes wont stick to these dates since every1 has an opinion there ;-)
Sobha Amber - that we saw, seems to have been maintained well (saw it 2 years back), not sure how old it was by then and how it looks now. how are some of the big brand name apartments (such as brigade, prestige, raheja etc.) those that were completed about 5-10 years ago. have any of you seen how they look today?
The apartments which are having society or active members in the society are doing well. be it exterior maintenance or upkeep of facilities. I know few of major apartments suffering from bad maintenance due to lack of common opinion among members in many places.
kaustav

Post by kaustav »

I guess I'm an old-fashioned Bangalorean, but I've always had this question: why should someone buy an apartment and not build an independent house?
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Hello Kaustav,

there is no "should", it is upto to each individual to decide whether to build their own house or buy a ready built house or apartment. some of the reasons I can think of are:
1. hassles invovled in construction process.
2. security that comes with having neighbours close by in the apartment building, in addition to security provided by the apartment complex itself.
3. The amenities - there are many provided by these large apartment builders, if you were to find a place with all that, it would be quite expensive.
4. most places in bangalore seem to be quite haphazard, but if you go for a well planned development (a gated community or an aparmtment complex), then you at least have some order and pleasant surrounding (in the immediate vicinity).

I am sure there are others with more and varied reasons to go this route.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Hello Kaustav

To list there are various reasons to opt either for an apartment or for an individual house. Its nothing to do with old fashion or modern geeks. Its purely depends on individual choice and needs.

Earlier it started with claiming apartments are cheaper compared to buy an individual plot and construct an house there.
In the case of individual house, you will have all responsibility of buying a plot and going for a design of your choice or compromise and you need to take care of the construction activity with self material supplying activity and delegating the construction job to a contractor. Else you need to go for a package deal where the contractor himself will take care of the material + construction....etc.

If you look at the current scenario, there is not much cost difference. b'cos of the raising demand, even the builders started
charging hefty price for their apartments which is almost nearer to the cost of an individual house.

Also in the apartment culture, there will be a association and working committe which takes care of common problems and works towards maintaining the campus by collecting the maintainance fee or corpus fund. where in individual house it all depends on individuals mindset and their own effort.
/.
etc

Return to “General”