Bifurcate a BDA/ BDA approved plot

mahan123

Bifurcate a BDA/ BDA approved plot

Post by mahan123 »

Hi,

I am planning to buy a BDA or BDA approved site. These days I am not finding a site of my wish and finally found 2 big sites which are close to 1850 sqft and 2400 sqft.
One of my friend is also interested in buying a site and he is ready to divide site with me. Now my question is -
BDA allows me to divide site? and allows us to have a separate khatha for both of us?
If yes, then how much it would cost us?
Should we first ask the site owner to bifurcate it and then register individually or Should get it registered in both names and then apply for bifurcation?
Should we get loans to buy these kind of sites?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
meharnath

Re: Bifurcate a BDA/ BDA approved plot

Post by meharnath »

Hi,
You may buy any BDA / BBMP / DC converted site.
The rules regarding division are as below:

1. The divided site should not be less than 50 sq. mtrs in area.
2. The edge of the site abutting the road, after division of the site should not be less than 6.0 mtrs.

Once you meet this requirement you may divide any site any no. of times and sell it separately or divide amongst yourselves.
mahan123

Post by mahan123 »

Thanks Meharnath.
But how about Khatha of the site? Both the buyers will get separate Khatha issued?
prasanth

Post by prasanth »

Khatha can be bifurcated. One more condition to be met is - The setback for the structures in site from the side facing the road should be of the old dimension not for the bifurcated dimension.
tarmuk

Post by tarmuk »

Hello,

We are 2 friends looking to buy a 4000 sqft BDA property with bifurcation. Since this is a corner property, both plots after bifurcation will be facing to the road. In such a case, what would be the setbacks applicable.
Also, since the property is in a gated community, will there be any issues from the association regarding property bifurcation?
How will the electricity and water supply connections be affected due to this bifurcation? (electricity is through underground cables)

Expecting reply at the earliest.
Thanks.
rajgnaga

Post by rajgnaga »

I have bought a BDA corner plot(SW Facing) bought in E-auction measuring
EW -> 18 Sq Mtrs
NW -> 9.5 Sq Mtrs
Am planning to bifurcate. Kindly let me know
1. Procedure
2. Ideal dimension to bifurcate
3. Someone who can do it? Their contact number.
4. Cost of it.

Return to “General”