Hello Friends,
Just want to know how many floors BDA allows on 60x40 site
Reg
Venkat
vsathishmybda

Re: How many floors allowed on BDA site

Post by vsathishmybda »

Hi Venkat,

As far as i know, the number of floors for any site depends on following factors :
1. FAR - Floor Area Ratio = Total Built up Area / Plot Area
2. Width of the Road
3. Size of the Plot
4. Total Height of the building constructed
5. SetBack Area

As per BDAs "Revised Master plan 2015" FAR for the plot size 60 x 40 would be 2.25.

So for for FAR=2.25, the total built up area is 5400 sqft.

Assuming that 40ft width is on the road side and 60ft is the depth of the site,

SetBack on the sides would be = 8% of 40ft = 3.2 ft approx.
SetBack on the Back portion of the site = 8% of 60ft = 4.8ft approx.
SetBack on the front portion of the site = 12% of 60ft = 7.2ft approx

So taking the SetBack away from the entire plot size will give the area 1730 sq.ft. approx. which will be area which can be fully utilized for construction.

Every Floor will have height approx. 10ft. So as per "Revised Master plan 2015", the above SetBacks are applicable only for height less than 40ft.

This means that you can construct 4 floors including Ground Floor(GF) i.e G+3 floors.

You can construct either G+3 or Stilt(GF only Car parking and its open fully) +4 floors.
But whether Stilt + 4 floors (height will be 50ft approx.) violats the Height Restriction or not, iam not sure.

Note : These are my understandings. Whatever is mentioned above are all idealistic ways as recommended by BDA.
Experts in this forum can correct wherever it is misquoted.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Satish,

will it be same for 30x40 site.
vsathishmybda

Post by vsathishmybda »

Hi Venkat,

The same factors apply for site of any dimension :
1. FAR
2. Road Width
3. Size of Plot
4. SetBacks
5. Height of Building

For 30 x 40, as i understand, FAR is 1.75 as per "Revised Master plan 2015".

If you do similar calculation as mentioned earlier (Assuming that 30ft width is on the road side and 40ft is the depth of the site,), we see that

SetBack on the sides would be = 8% of 30ft = 2.4 ft approx.
SetBack on the Back portion of the site = 8% of 40ft = 3.2ft approx.
SetBack on the front portion of the site = 12% of 40ft = 4.8ft approx

So taking the SetBack away from the entire plot size will give the area 850 sq.ft. approx. which will be area which can be fully utilized for construction.
This means that, you can construct G+2.

If you utilize entire G+2 floors with area of 850 approx., then Bilt up Area= 850 * 3(G+2 = 3 Floors) = 2550 sq.ft
So now FAR = 2550 / 1200 = 2.125 >> 1.75

So you need to know how much of area can one construct totally in a given site = FAR(as specified by "Revised Master plan 2015") x Plot Size
So in your case the amount of area that can be constructed = 1.75(FAR) x 1200(plot size) = 2100 sq.ft

As per Height Restriction, you can construct G+2, but the constructed area should not exceed 2100 sq.ft.

Atleast 90% Bengaluru Home Owners, do not go as per law(which is valid in some cases, but debatable - Land Rates for sites is Huge!!! from an eye of an ordinary Middle Class Person). Some leave 2ft. as SetBack on all three sides and 3-5ft. as SetBack in the front. Some, don't even do this, they raise their wall on others compound wall since the other neighbor has also done the same.

Owing to this you will see atleast 30-40% contrasting difference between the Sanctioned Plan for the Building sanctioned by BBMP and the Acutual/Working Plan for the building which is usually kept as basis for the actual built up area.

Note : Whatever i have said is what the idealistic BDA Building Law says. I hope iam correct in this. People of this forum can correct me if iam wrong.

BR,
Sathish V
panandh

Post by panandh »

vsathishmybda wrote: Every Floor will have height approx. 10ft. So as per "Revised Master plan 2015", the above SetBacks are applicable only for height less than 40ft.

I'm not sure where you got the number 40ft. In the "Revisied Master plan 2015, I'm seeing only 11.5 mts. For 40ft, it should have been at least 12 mts.
By the way, I'm also planning to construct a house in my 30x40 plot and looking for these details

P. Anandh
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Yes it should be 11.5 M (37.8 feet). I guess Satish was approximating.
If you are planning G +3, I guess you will get roughly 9.5 feet each floor?
sriram

Post by sriram »

The FAR is 1.75 for plot/site area till 360 sqm = 3875 sqft and 2.25 for bigger plot areas.
sabarishks

Post by sabarishks »

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the details. I do have few questions and sorry for bumping this thread.

I have 50* 40 site in Mallesh Palya, CV Raman nagar. 50 depth and 40 road size.

The road before my plot should be some 20 feet road.

I am planning to built 5 homes, i.e Ground (1) First (2) and Second (2), Then sell it to 5 different individuals. Is it possible?
vsathishmybda

Post by vsathishmybda »

Hi,

As i understand for site upto 60 * 40 = 2400 sqft, maximum of 4 floors(Stilt + 4 or G+3) can be constructed, but with plan approval only for 3 kitchens.
zipperboy

Post by zipperboy »

Hi guys,

Sorry for pulling up an old thread , but this is an interesting topic.i have a 30(road) X 50 site. Could anyone tel me the FAR and the calculations of the sides setbacks as shown for 30X40 and 60 X 40 site..

Sathish or others could you please help.

Awaiting the replies.

Thanks
Asif

Return to “General”