How many floors allowed on BDA site

ncprashant

Re: How many floors allowed on BDA site

Post by ncprashant »

Upto 240sqm site(60x40 falls innthis bracket) upto 12m Roadwith FAR is 1.75

If plot faces wider road than required FAR remains 1.75

and

If plot is facing narrower road than required FAR of that road is applicable.

Corrections welcome
ncprashant

Post by ncprashant »

Upto 240sqm site(60x40 falls innthis bracket) upto 12m Roadwith FAR is 1.75

If plot faces wider road than required FAR remains 1.75

and

If plot is facing narrower road than required FAR of that road is applicable.

Corrections welcome
Vijay Vaikundam

Post by Vijay Vaikundam »

In case if we leave ground floor for parking stair room and lift room are supposed to be permitted if so how many area we can take it for ?

Also can we construct balcony On in each floor addution to allowable built up area ? Is it permitted if so how many square feet is allow d ?
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I think the document at this link can answer all your questions. Refer specifically to table 8 and 11.
http://www.bbmp.gov.in/documents/10180/ ... 8db7096ebd

BDA or non-BDA plot does not matter.

In my understanding following key points holds true for residential construction on plots smaller then 360 sq M ( 3875 sq ft).
Please feet free to correct if there is any error in my interpretation

(1) As per table 10 The FAR is 1.75 and construction is allowed in max 75% of area for residential .
That means for 40X60 plot ( 2400 Sq ft or 222.96 sq m)
(a) You can at max have plinth area 1800 sq ft
(b) max builtup area can be 4200 sq feet
(2) The mandatory setbacks are given in table 8 of the document I shared at the link
Thus
Max height of the building for plot less then 360 sq m comes to 11.5 m irrespective of the road width in front as the setback
requirement for taller buildings can not be met.

(3) If the road width is up to 9m ( 30 feet) the maximum permissible height of the building is 11.5m or (37.72 feet) irrespective of the plot size

Point 2 and 3 together means for most residential buildings the height can not be more than 37.72 feet. including stilt
parking or basement if any

(4) Basement and stilt parking
As per the document basement means that height above ground should not be more than 1.2 m ( 3.93 ft).

So suppose you make a story with 5 feet above ground and 4 feet below ground it will be considered a stilt parking and not
basement.

If suppose you go for a proper basement that is below 4 feet height then ramp requirements are pretty tough to meet
( slope of 1 :10 , slope to start 2 m from plot boundary etc) so even for 40X60 site it is best to go for stilt ( more than 4 ft height)

(5) Projections the max projection can be 2.4 feet in the setbacks with no human access
However if building has 3 meter clear area on one side a portico is permitted, The portico projection can be for full 3m
but just in side of the building not in front

Considering all the above points my conclusion is to maximise the available area and meeting height restrictions
Construct a stilt going around 3-4 feet below Ground level and keeping 5 feet above ground level with floor height
as 8 -9 feet use this for parking , Gym , Home theatre ( permitted usages in BBMP Document)

After this you are left with 37.72 -5 = 32.32 feet . Keeping floor height as 9.6 feet you can easily construct 3 floors ( leaving stilt with parking , home theatre , game room etc out) and rest of the 4.26 feet height is left for over head water tank

PS : In my understanding the basement area / partial basement is not counted in FAR.
Just that you can not construct kitchen , bathroom in basement or officially can not declare any room going below ground line as bedroom.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I think the document at this link can answer all your questions. Refer specifically to table 8 and 11.

http://www.bbmp.gov.in/documents/10180/ ... 8db7096ebd

BDA or non-BDA plot does not matter.

In my understanding following key points holds true for residential construction on plots smaller then 360 sq M ( 3875 sq ft).
Please feel free to correct if there is any error in my interpretation

(1) As per table 10 The FAR is 1.75 and construction is allowed in max 75% of area for residential .
That means for 40X60 plot ( 2400 Sq ft or 222.96 sq m)

(a) You can at max have plinth area 1800 sq ft
(b) max builtup area can be 4200 sq feet

(2) The mandatory setbacks are given in table 8 of the document I shared at the link Thus max height of the building for plot less then 360 sq m comes to 11.5 m irrespective of the road width in front as the setback
requirement for taller buildings can not be met.

(3) If the road width is up to 9m ( 30 feet) the maximum permissible height of the building is 11.5m or (37.72 feet) irrespective of the plot size.

Point 2 and 3 together means for most residential buildings the height can not be more than 37.72 feet. including stilt parking or basement if any

(4) Basement and stilt parking

As per the document basement means that height above ground should not be more than 1.2 m ( 3.93 ft).

So suppose you make a story with 5 feet above ground and 4 feet below ground it will be considered a stilt parking and not basement.

If suppose you go for a proper basement that is below 4 feet height then ramp requirements are pretty tough to meet
( slope of 1 :10 , slope to start 2 m from plot boundary etc) so even for 40X60 site it is best to go for stilt ( more than 4 ft height).
The only advantage of full basement is that its area is not counted in FAR.

(5) Projections outside building line the max projection can be 2.4 feet in the setbacks with no human access.

However if building has 3 meter clear area on one side a portico is permitted, The portico projection can be for full 3m but this portico can be just at side of the building not in front.

Considering all the above points my conclusion is to maximise the available area and meeting height restrictions
Construct a stilt going around 3-4 feet below Ground level and keeping 5 feet above ground level with floor height
as 8 -9 feet use this for parking , Gym , Home theatre ( permitted usages in BBMP Document)

After this you are left with 37.72 -5 = 32.32 feet . Keeping floor height as 9.6 feet you can easily construct 3 floors ( leaving stilt with parking , home theatre , game room etc out) and rest of the 4.26 feet height is left for over head water tank

If you construct stilt/partial basement only in one portion of building and also apply vastu principles then it would mean your water tank should come in South West corner and raised portion for stilt floor/ basement should not be there in south west. Thus in South west you have additional 4.26+ 5 feet height available ( except for 5x5 water tank area.)

So you can have an additional room at the roof with sort of sunken slab in SW corner for water tank :-).. under this water tank you can have bathroom for the room

PS : In my understanding the basement area / partial basement is not counted in FAR.
Just that you can not construct kitchen , bathroom in basement or officially can not declare any room going below ground line as bedroom.

Return to “General”