Useful Info on Khata & Khata Extract

msn1270

Useful Info on Khata & Khata Extract

Post by msn1270 »

Article from TOI.

Getting a Khata is an important step in a property transfer process. A Khata is an account of assessment of a property, recording details of the property such as its size, location, and built-up area, for the purpose of payment of property tax.

It is mandatory for all property owners/holders to pay property tax. As such, all property owners need to have a Khata. It is issued by the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP). Khata certificates are also issued by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) in case the property comes within its limits, and by the panchayat in case of a property which is converted from agricultural to non-agricultural use.
It is to be noted that a Khata does not confer ownership. It just reinforces the title of the property. It is one of the essential documents required at the time of registration of the sale deed in respect of any property in the office of a sub-registrar.

A Khata certificate can be obtained by the owner of a property on payment of the prescribed fee subject to the condition that up-to-date property tax has been paid in respect of that property. One can also obtain a Khata extract of any property on payment of the prescribed fee.
You can file an application for the registration of a Khata in any of the citizen service centres along with the prescribed documents. In order to transfer a Khata, you can file an application at any of the citizen service centres along with the prescribed documents.

While applying for a Khata registration, you need to enclose these documents along with registration form:

* Title deed
* Tax paid receipts and Khata details
* Property sketch showing its boundaries and location of site
* Improvement charges
* Encumbrance certificate for vacant site
* Past history of titles of property.

In case a person holds title over a property, he can make an application for inclusion of his name in the Khata, after furnishing the title documents. One has to go in for registration of a new Khata in case of a property which has not been assessed for property tax so far.

In case where the title of the property is transferred from one person to another by way of sale, gift, Will, or death of the property owner, one has to get the Khata transferred in his name. When a property is divided into two or more parts too one has to go for bifurcation of the Khata. When more than one property is merged together clubbing of Khata is to be done.

KHATA EXTRACT
This means getting details from the assessment register. A Khata extract is required to get a trade license or to buy a particular property. It has the details of the property like the name, size of the property, use of the property (commercial or residential), annual value, and when assessed last. To get a Khata extract, the owner of the property has to give a letter of requisition with details of the property.
In case you are buying a property, you must check the Khata certificate along with the other property title papers. The Khata certificate gives you a good idea about the ownership of the property you are planning to buy.
ananthrmbn

Re: Useful Info on Khata & Khata Extract

Post by ananthrmbn »

Sir,
My motherinlaw has a property at 4356/8, 3rd cross, Subramanyanagar Bangalore 560021. Both my in laws expired and my wife is the only legal heir as she is the only one daughter. The khatha with upto date tax paid has PID numbers. The khatha was applied for transfer in my wifes name vide ARO Malleshwaram no1487/2005 and followed up by my friend all these years who has bribed the concerned with no result. On applying under RTI I was replied to obtain a reconveyance deed and a PC frm BDA which I applied on 25-07-2011 followed by RTI application for which the BDA replied it has no records pertaining to property. Emails to CM Karnataka, and BDA commissioner were sent untold no of times with no fruitful result except the successive CMs acknowledge my email complaint and forward them to BDA with no followup action on their part.
On enquiry the BBMP tax collector says the existing khatha is a holder khatha which has no relevance and they are refusing improvement charges at Rs 50 per sq mtr which they themselves asked but now they are telling time barred and the instructions were withdrawn by Govt. Can you throw more light how to get the khatha issued and transferred in my wifes name? The latest communication from BDA dtd 05-07-2012 says it has been sent for joint survey. Meanwhile all neighbouring properties in the area have been reconveyed at breakneck speed since they were able to bribe through proper channel. Now BBMP is of the view to replace no 4356 by 4354 which has been reconveyed to my neighbour to be replaced by no 4353.
vshenbag75

How to get (Special Notice, Intimation letter, Khatha certificate and assessment extract)

Post by vshenbag75 »

I own BDA site in Kasturi Nagar - East NGEF bangalore. Currently started constructing and applied for Home loan.

History: BDA site allotted to first owner, first owner sold site to second owner and I bought from second owner.

I have all documents in original except following documents, during construction applied for Home loan and Bank guys asking for following document in original.

1. Special Note issued by Revenue Officer, BBMP Bangalore (in the name of first owner)
2. Intimation letter issued by BBMP (in the name of first owner)
3. Khatha certificate and Assessment Extract issued by BBMP (in the name of first owner)

Can I apply and get above documents from BBMP? Please help me with next step.

Return to “General”