Will there be road expansion plans for BDA layouts ?

akalangi

Will there be road expansion plans for BDA layouts ?

Post by akalangi »

I would need to understand if there would be road expansion plans for BDA layouts?

Like will there be acquisitions from BDA paying for raod expansion plans inside the city?? or since it is BDA it will never happen?

Please advice
PlotGuy

Re: Will there be road expansion plans for BDA layouts ?

Post by PlotGuy »

No. It will not happen. My opinion of course
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

There is no such guarantee. In HSR layout, i know some 60feet roads have been planned for widening in future. If you have a plot on main road, there is always such a risk.

But compared to other main roads, a BDA or BMRDA layout is likely to have lesser chances of the roads getting widened in future.
akalangi

Post by akalangi »

Thanks for your response. So nothing is guaranteed as far as acquisitions are concerned
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Properties on CMH road was acquired for metro. I think Indiranagar was developed by BDA. Acquisitions can happen for reasons other than road expansion as well. The chances of a BDA property being acquired for public utility purposes are minimal compared to privately developed layouts
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

tvsh wrote:Properties on CMH road was acquired for metro. I think Indiranagar was developed by BDA. Acquisitions can happen for reasons other than road expansion as well. The chances of a BDA property being acquired for public utility purposes are minimal compared to privately developed layouts
Acquisition happens for a purpose - be it road expansion or infrastructure. So the acquisition depends on the work - which means, irrespective of whether it is BDA/BMRDA/or whatever, if your site happens to be in the right location (or wrong location depending on how you want to look at it), it will get acquired.

Look at all the properties that got acquired for metro development, those on Tumkur road and Bellary road for road expansion. If there are pockets of BDA and non BDA sites (particularly in a road expansion), they cannot selectively acquire only the non BDA sites. Just depends on the work and the location of your site.

I think someone correctly put it, more chances if your property is on a main road vs. on the interior of the layout.
akalangi

Post by akalangi »

Thanks everyone for their valuable suggestions. It helped me a lot in understanding the way it works

Return to “General”