Quick info needed. Please help

amit_pearl2

Quick info needed. Please help

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Friend,

i am about to finalize a site, but the site is near a lake. how do i know if this is enroached lake property.
who can confirm that no enroachement has happen.

My entire investment would be put on to this site hence please help.

Thanks
Amit
Hari

Re: Quick info needed. Please help

Post by Hari »

The best way to check is to go to the BBMP office where this property falls and check with the revenue office staffs, better go with a person who knows kannada, if you show them the khatha or survey no details they will tell you whether it is encroached or proper or not.
It will take not more then half an hour to get the verification done , so do it b4 you proceed.
The next step will be to meet the SBI bank loan person and he will guide you to the SBI approved lawyer, they will charge u 2k but they will verify the title deed and other documents properly.
WHich area is this property ?

Regards
HAri Krishnan
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Hari, I am looking for a good lawyer who could hlep with verifying my papers. im planning to buy a site, read that layout has enroached some lake bed. could you please give me reference of the lawyerand and his charges?any bribes need to be paid in bbmp office to verify if the survey numberhas been on enroached land/
mail id is amit underscore at hotmail dot com
Thanksamit
Hari

Post by Hari »

The lawyer rates vary depending on bank, but the range is from 1500/- to 5k. My advise is to first go to any public sector bank, they themselves will give you the contact details of their approved lawyers, you need to get the document checked by those lawyers only.

For getting document verified from BBMP office , in my case i wanted to verify only the Khatha whether is is original or not. I didn;t pay any thing, in my case the khatha was duplicate , the revenue staff looked at the register and was able to find it quickly. So i personally feel you don;t have to pay any money, but in case you want you just need to keep 200/- handy so that if he asks u can give.

Regards
Hari Krishnan
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Thanks a TON Hari! The proprety is DC converted and i assume now they might be paying BBMP tax.
The owner does not have BBMP khata. He needs to get it.

Do you have any idea if i could buy this site and then i apply for BBMP khata? Currently the property has
some outstanding loan with IDBI. Would this stop me from applying for BBMP khata as the orignal
papers will be with Bank

Thanks
Amit
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi Amit_pearl2,

so you are all set to purchase DC converted site. no bbmp khatha, then they might be having a cmc or gramtana khatha on which idbi would have give loan. who approved the layout? is it gram panchayat, cmc, bda ?

r u purchasing this site with full cash or loan? if its cash, u need to pay betterment charges if any to concerned authority, apply for bbmp khatha(nothing but akrama--sakrama)

if its loan, i doubt whether banks will fund without bbmp khatha, check with ur bank.

best of luck.

regards,
ravindra kumar hg
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Ravi,

To be honest, i am really not aware of many things. I just pretened infront of the owner that i knew everything :)
He said its DC converted, Currently under loan (IDBI). i was little relaxed knowing that some bank has aleady funded
this site.

second thing that made me furhter relax is neighbouring sites have applied for BBMP khata and have got it but this owner
has not. i do not know how much money i have to to shell out to get this converted to BBMP. How much would be be the aproximate cost including bribe and Betterment charges.

Lastly there was one big dent when i learnt that his layout partially has occupied lake area. i came down to Ground 0.
But again some Punters told me to check if this perticual Site is part of the Survey that is built on Lake. If not nothing much to worry.
I was to to tell the lawyer about this incident and they would do the rest. As suggested by HARI, i would go to BBMP office and see if this is safe to buy.

Finally its 50 % cash and 50 % loan.

Broker says getting BBMP khatha can be done by paying 12 k including bribe.

Thanks
amit
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

hi Amit,

seems you really like the site near lake and the environment surrounding.

please do not go by what owner or anyone says, i mean orally. thats got nothing. Go by whats written, means papers concerning the schedule property. sale deed, latest ec, dc conversion,approved layout plan, who approved it, khatha, latest tax paid receipts, betterment charges paid to whom if any. how your seller got that property, etc.

i assume the property is some layout adjacent to lake, get the approved layout plan, check the survey numbers, consult neighbors who got DC conversion copies or you can get the same from DC office provided you know the survey number and hissa where the property u want to buy is in.

neighbors have applied for khatha and your seller hasn't yet, good. check with bbmp as suggested by hari. you dont have to shell out , ask bbmp officials, they will tell if not accurately, approximately. betterment charges are fixed by bbmp depending on the zones, u can check in bbmp website. its not yet finalised how much bbmp will collect till bbbmp elections are over. it will take min 6 months to get a elected body to take a decision if everything goes well. so till then u dont have to pay anything.

please do not pay 12,000/- to get bbmp khatha as suggested by brokers. its your hard earned money.

best of luck.
ravindra kumar hg
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

a couple of points from my experience...

1. Fix a lawyer who has got some contacts in the sub-registrar office where the registration is gonna happen. This is going to help you a lot , during registration. Generally, Bank Panel advocates (particularly SBI ) are costly and it would be economical to find a lawyer who is not that busy, but a smart person, so that you get a personal support for everything. If the lawyer is somewhere in the side where your plot is ( like south/north/east bangalore ), he/she will have a general idea about the layouts and that would help you. Fix the charges with the lawyer well before starting any kind of discussions with them

2. Without BDA or BBMP Khatha , it will be difficult to get a loan from nationalized banks. Owner having an IDBI loan, should not increase ur confidence level at all, because IDBI ( 1-2 yrs back) had been giving loan to any body asking for it.

3. Try to counter verify the points that your owner tell you. Like if he says he is working with Vidhan Soudha, enquire about the person there. In my case, I verified the phone # he had called from , and verified that the # belonged to his office only, by going to BSNL website. Though these things may look silly, but you get a confidence about what he/she is telling is right. If you find a person making too many lies , better dont go for him. Generally go for educated working class people.

I am not sure of the particular encroachment part that you asked for, but above are some points which I had verified while closing a property deal in Bangalore just about 2-3 weeks back.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Thanks a ton friends...

Here is more information i got.. from the broker...

The site is DC converted Gram Panchayat site. I was told BBMP tax paid is upto date. Howerver he does not have
BBMP khata as he has not applied.

Price quoted id 1500 rs psf.

Now assuming the papers are clean. I would like to know

1. Can the site be registered immideately?
2. Will the existing khata also get transfered?
3. This currently being a Gram Panchayat site, with BBMP tax being paid, can i get information about encroachment
in BBMP office in that area?
4. Do i need to visit DC office? If yes what is that i have to enquire there?

Sorry if my questions sound silly... but these answers and the information already provided by some punters
are very very helpful to me.

If papers are clear i plan to settle this soon. Axis bank is agreeing to give site loan at 8.75%

Thanks
Amit

Return to “General”