Some basic questions on BDA and BBMP Khata

deepaky

Some basic questions on BDA and BBMP Khata

Post by deepaky »

Hi All,

I understand that there are different governing bodies such as BDA, BMRDA, BIAPPA etc in bangalore which approve land. I understand that land approved by such governing bodies means that documents will be clear. Also such land will have good wide roads, parks as directed by the governing body.

But i have few questions regarding this.
1) A site approved by BDA can have A khata or B Khata. Is it safe to buy a B Khata site? E.g. in AECS layout (BDA approved layout near kudlu), some sites have B Khata.
2) Can we obtain A Khata for such B-Khata certified site? i.e if i buy site in AECS layout which has B-Khata, can i later on get A-Khata certificate?
3) I also see that some sites near Vartur/gunjur have BBMP A certificate. These sites have not been approved by BDA/BMRDA/BIAPPA etc. what are the advantage and disadvantage of buying such site? Is it safe to buy such site? Whether Cauvery water supply will be given to such sites? How about maintenance such as road tarring, parks in such areas?
4) How is ground water level near Gunjur? Do you see any issues in that place? Is it good to buy BBMP certified site in Gunjur?

Thanks in Advance,
Deepak
RAJESHTD

Re: Some basic questions on BDA and BBMP Khata

Post by RAJESHTD »

Hi
What rate you are getting properties there ?
Indusgeek

Post by Indusgeek »

Hi,

In my understanding B Khata to get converted into A Khata you need to pay betterment charges to BBMP. Its been nearly 6 years since BBMP stopped this. Only past Akrama Sakrama clearance will they go ahead with accepting changes from A Khata to B Khata.

Cheers!
rewatcher

Post by rewatcher »

deepaky wrote: But i have few questions regarding this.
1) A site approved by BDA can have A khata or B Khata. Is it safe to buy a B Khata site? E.g. in AECS layout (BDA approved layout near kudlu), some sites have B Khata.
Deepak
I have some doubts about the above statement. How can a site which is approved by BDA cannot have a proper khata ? If the site is approved by BDA you should definitely get a BDA khata and if that layout is already under BBMP jurisdiction you can also get the BBMP A-Khata by producing the BDA release order and khata.
This is my understanding - am I missing something here ? can others pitch in ?
deepaky

Post by deepaky »

rewatcher - You are right. I meant that layout is approved by BDA but the owner of the site has not yet applied for A khata since he doesnot have enough money to apply for it. He is ready to give B-form khata with NOC. Later on i need to apply for the A-Khata.

RajeshTD - In AECS layout, the rates are from 2200 to 2700 based on the location.

I have not yet got correct answer to my questions. Can someone please reply to my questions and guide me please.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak
rangavittala

Post by rangavittala »

DEEPAK

it's better to buy with A Katha and let owner give A katha since BDA approved, if it is B khata then betterment charges not paid or not BDA approved check correctly
deepaky

Post by deepaky »

Rangavittala - The owner is telling that he does not have money to pay betterment charge but he said that he would be paying for betterment charge and will get me the A-khata certificate. I feel its a good deal. Please suggest.

Also please please reply to all my questions as i need to buy a plot either on sarjapur road or AECS layout soon.
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

deepaky wrote:Hi All,

I understand that there are different governing bodies such as BDA, BMRDA, BIAPPA etc in bangalore which approve land. I understand that land approved by such governing bodies means that documents will be clear. Also such land will have good wide roads, parks as directed by the governing body.

But i have few questions regarding this.
2) Can we obtain A Khata for such B-Khata certified site? i.e if i buy site in AECS layout which has B-Khata, can i later on get A-Khata certificate?
3) I also see that some sites near Vartur/gunjur have BBMP A certificate. These sites have not been approved by BDA/BMRDA/BIAPPA etc. what are the advantage and disadvantage of buying such site? Is it safe to buy such site? Whether Cauvery water supply will be given to such sites? How about maintenance such as road tarring, parks in such areas?
4) How is ground water level near Gunjur? Do you see any issues in that place? Is it good to buy BBMP certified site in Gunjur?

Thanks in Advance,
Deepak
1. BDA approved site should have an A Khata.
2. To get A Khata for a property with current B Khata, you have to wait for the BBMP to collect Betterment charges or akrama/sakrama
3. There cannot be properties not approved by BDA/etc. with an A Khata. be careful of what is being said.
bobi_march8

Post by bobi_march8 »

Hello Deepak,

Let me know how to go to this AECS layout, is there any sites of 30x40 available. If any thing then please share with me.
If you know any one contact details also then please let me know.

Regards,
Siva.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

I have some doubts about the above statement. How can a site which is approved by BDA cannot have a proper khata ? If the site is approved by BDA you should definitely get a BDA khata and if that layout is already under BBMP jurisdiction you can also get the BBMP A-Khata by producing the BDA release order and khata.
This is my understanding - am I missing something here ? can others pitch in ?
I do not know about AECS layout in particular. There are many developers who develop a layout and get BDA approval for a small part of the layout (say Phase I), and claim the whole layout to be BDA approved. So it is possible to have 2 kind of Khatas for sites in the same layout. The ones that are part of the BDA approved layout ( for which betterment charges are paid) will have A khata, the sites in the part of the layout which has not had any plan approval from BDA or paid betterment charges will have B khata.

Return to “General”