Outer area painting

anup1980

Outer area painting

Post by anup1980 »

Hi,
This is regarding the outer area painting work for my new house.
Can anyone advise which one would be good for outside area (first coat) , primer or white cement ?
My contractor was suggesting white cement ,he claims that white cement is better as it fills any minute crack if any and is good than primer.

Thanks & Regards
rsp_murali

Re: Outer area painting

Post by rsp_murali »

Hi! For the front elevation u can opt for texture application which conceals any cracks which may develop at a later stage.For sides and rear use white primer of any reputed brand.Use only two colour combinations and the outcome will be excellent.Do not go for eastman colour which makes the building shabby.(My personal Opinion).
Thanks
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Anup
I don't suggest white cem because its not polymer base but cement base .Primer has three advantages
1. Fills the cracks when used with out mixing water (most contractors mix water to get more spread )
2. Gives a good finish and white surface so the colors you apply reads true colors than on direct grey shades of cement.
3. It acts as a binder between raw wall surface and paint.

As a suggestion never finalize the colors by looking at swatches unless you are expert in it ,always go for sampling done even though you will end up with paints left out .The sample paints can always be used in loft and other hidden areas.

Please share your experiences with fellow members once your painting works are done .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
anup1980

Post by anup1980 »

Thanks All for your valuable advice. I will surely share my experience
Thanks & Regards
Anup