Wall Plastering materials cost

Simran

Wall Plastering materials cost

Post by Simran »

I'm starting plastering my villa next week. The total built-up is 3600sqft. Total size of walls to be plastered is around 11200 sq.ft. Roof size to be plastered is 4200 sq.ft.
I want to know the quantity of materials required for this. Also want to know the grade of cement used for plastering. I have used birla super 53 grade for structure. Can anyone suggest any other good brand which is priced less?
msananthu

Re: Wall Plastering materials cost

Post by msananthu »

Even I am almost in the same phase of construction wherein the plastering would start in a couple of weeks time. I used 53 Grade for my ground floor structure and 43 grade for brick work while for the first floor used PPC for brick work as well as Structure including roofing.

I plan to use PPC for plastering as well considering it's heat of hydration is less than 53 or 43 grade. The only factor is its initial setting time is slow.
I spoke with my engineer about these Panyam or priya cements which are priced less ~340/bag, he said we can bring in 2 bags and do a test plastering and see if it's good. Also by immersing the cement inside a bucket of water we can come to know if there are impurities in such cement brands which can bring down the strength.
Simran

Re: Wall Plastering materials cost

Post by Simran »

thanks msananthu, have you tested the priya cement? Is it really good for plastering?

Can anyone suggest which is the best cement for plastering? Also what is the ratio between cement and sand?

thanks,

Return to “Civil Construction”