My Building construction Expereince with a Labour contract.

venkyn

My Building construction Expereince with a Labour contract.

Post by venkyn »

Started Construction at Nagarbhavi/Ullal Area and given for Labour contractor.

Labour contract:
- With labour contractors, you need lot of patience and excpect delay of max 3months.
- If you live in Nagarbhavi area.Bsk6th stage, I think you can easily go with labour contract as many things are provided by just a call, but you need some body to look after the construction.
- You need be passionate towards engineering so, i guess civil engineering is not a great nut to crack though am electronics engineer . Yes, you need structural enginner which is tough to crack.

Here is my experience.

I have started construction and did borewell on Sep6th. With gods grace I could get borewell at 430ft.

Here are tips to negotiate borewell.

- Find out dull borewell period, I learnt that ashada and pithru paksha period are dry period for them.
- Collect various borewell company quotation, one genuine company is sri matha borewells, see mathaborewells.in
- Many borewell company do not have there own borewell but they depened contract borewell machine
- There are two borewell machines, one with autoload and sensor which does digging fast and another is not so powerfull
But I am not telling you should go with autoload borewell machine. If you don't have space around the place to load drill rods then you
need this machine then you need this, else most borewell works well.
- Don't ever go with Borwell company appointed Divner because he may put number of casing required etc differently
- Hire a different, tell him what is the quotation you got and he will possibly tell you the best way to get it done.
- By this I saveed around 10rs/feet till 100ft.

How to save money
-----------------------
- I don't remember that we put PVC pipe in 2004, this has come new
- If the place is in outskirt and plan you digging on rainy day/june/july you can save money by avoiding water injecting which is done by sqft.
Usually this is done to avoid dust when you encounter rock.
- Some drilling rods will be odd size, do take care of it and count how much they have done.
- Go for mild water casing piple(340,350), you need heavy duty one only when you have lake or soil not good.

Please take care:
--------------------
Please take care of borewell travelling family. If you save money from this web site, 1K to 1.5k would be a decent tip.
Please take care of covering neghbour building with a plastic sheet as a good will, it will cost just 1.5K of 40*20feet sheet

Finally
They came on time 5:40AM. Started at 6:30AM, the drill bit broke in the middle then was halted for two hour to fix then finally they brought
magnetic bit and they started drill. Finally 4PM, 4inch water came at 400ft and they took 45m to go further then stopped at 5PM.
Total 23 Rods

I got initial quote at 78->72->70->68->64 so finally went with 67rs one as Rs64 came to know during digging. I could have saved Rs8000.

Did Soil testing from a friend of mine with background geo-sceience but do try to check with the students of Architecture block Bangalore univeristy you may get it atleast at half a rate and also good project report:)

-Venky
venkyn

Re: My Building construction Expereince with a Labour contra

Post by venkyn »

Got the marking done on Saturday and Foundation digging started immediately.

I got the digging of foundation done at Rs6/sqft. The contract person for foundation used JCB for 5 Hours and did manual work next day.
He could dig around 1200sqft and rest has rock which needs compressor to break. The measurement used is LXBXD = sqft *6 = it cost around Rs 8300.

If the soil is ordinary then JCB does not digup accurately. Since my plot had rock I had to employ JCB.

Regards,
Venky
msridhar78

Post by msridhar78 »

Hi Venky,

Appreciate the time you are taking in sharing your experience.

Regards,
-Sridhar
gsNagesh

Post by gsNagesh »

Hi venky,

Can you PM me the JCB guys contact details, I need to get my site cleaned up in Nagarbhavi.

Regards
Nagesh.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Guys,

Here is the spreadsheet that i prepared to calculate Steel requirement for footing and columns based on the structural diagram.
Footing is yet to start, Can somebody review this.
Attachments
Steel Requirement for Footing.xlsx
(13.73 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Updates on construction, progress so far.

From next week, Sump and PCC will be laid, the maximum hieght of PCC is 4" with 40MM and 53Grade cement. Curing of PCC is 24Hrs due to hot weather.
Bricks for sump and entire building I have given contract to a manufacturer from Anekal to supply.

Materials:
Birla super cement 53 @ 370 for 50Bags
40MM aggregates for PCC 1Load of 200Cubic feet @ 5000.

Regards,
Venky
Attachments
Starting of the borewell, we can see loose soil
Starting of the borewell, we can see loose soil
Initial Clean up
Initial Clean up
Borewell In Progress
Borewell In Progress
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

All foundation pits were dug up 5' feet depth and where were rock is encountered used breaker to go upto 3' according to
structural plan.

Did Anti-termite treatment with Pedilite Terminator product. There are multiple brands, could not get Pest India control brand but
got pedilite 2 Lts at Rs 620. All the foundations pits are treated with that before PCC.
Attachments
Foundations pits.
Foundations pits.
Compressor for Rock Brecking
Compressor for Rock Brecking
At end of Borewell
At end of Borewell
ambarish.n

Post by ambarish.n »

Dear Mr. Nagaraj,

I have seen your pictures of bore-well.

I am the owner of the site no.6.

Kindly share your experience of construction of the house.

Thank you.

Regards, Ambarish N
Chamrajpet
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

I met your father on Thursday in the evening. If you are planning for Labour contract we can collaborate to get the materials at little cheaper.
girishd

Post by girishd »

@Venkyn,

I need to get borewell re-drilling done as my current depth is only 310 and most sites around mine have started drilling upto 600ft.

Can you provide your driller's contact?

Return to “Civil Construction”