Our House construction experience

shivupda

Re: Our House construction experience

Post by shivupda »

Thanks Ravi for photographs.
What type Termite Control method you have used?
Regards,
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Hi Ravi,

congrats on your house construction.

I saw ur plan for the sump, excellent plan.

What kind of pump have you planned for the sump?

thanks
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

shivupda wrote:Thanks Ravi for photographs.
What type Termite Control method you have used?
Regards,
Its a simple process. Holes will be made in the bottom of the foundation area and chemical is poured into them.
This helps to avoid termites from accessing homes from foundation to house using pillars. I don't have details on the brand of that chemical.
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

biddappa_c_b wrote:Hi Ravi,

congrats on your house construction.

I saw ur plan for the sump, excellent plan.

What kind of pump have you planned for the sump?

thanks
Thank you, i haven't thought about pump since i don't need it now. Selecting it is not as complicated as selecting submersible pump for borewell, so i will choose it once the house is almost ready :)
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

On the cement, after discussing with the representatives from ACC, contractor and myself, we concluded to use the following cements

ACC Blended Fly-ash based Portland Pozzolana Cement for Ordinary construction work
ACC Blended Portland Slag Cement for roofing work
vfmbuilders

Post by vfmbuilders »

Hi Ravi,
I'd suggest to not to simply go by cement brand. All major cements are good and you'd be basically paying for their ads. I met an engineer who is working for a cement company, he said that the process followed in most companies are same and that is his 5th cement company. Suppose you are using 1000 cement bags and pay excess 30-35, you'd spend 30000rs extra for no extra benefit. You can use that 30000rs for buying good wood, better interiors or good quality bricks. One main thing is to use proper grade for proper works. Never use 53 grade for plastering or brick work; Use ppc cement for most works and 53 grade for concrete.
Thanks,
xxxxxxxx
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

vfmbuilders wrote:Hi Ravi,
I'd suggest to not to simply go by cement brand. All major cements are good and you'd be basically paying for their ads. I met an engineer who is working for a cement company, he said that the process followed in most companies are same and that is his 5th cement company. Suppose you are using 1000 cement bags and pay excess 30-35, you'd spend 30000rs extra for no extra benefit. You can use that 30000rs for buying good wood, better interiors or good quality bricks. One main thing is to use proper grade for proper works. Never use 53 grade for plastering or brick work; Use ppc cement for most works and 53 grade for concrete.
Thanks,
xxxxxxxx
Hi dude, yes i tend to agree with you and the same was told bythe ACC executive that almost all brands have latest machinery and technology to produce cement and he didn't insist on buying ACC cement. He further explained that i am free to use any brand but with ACC his service would be available throughout construction and promised me that the ACC cement that i purchase comes from the latest batch from the factory so that it is fresh. So i decided to go with ACC for now..
Same is the case with steel too, people go with the major brands like TATA, Indus, Agni etc without any added benefit except brand name when compared to some local brands!
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

Sump construction - Day 2
Sump construction - Day 2
1.jpg (233.16 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
Steel work for the footings
Steel work for the footings
2.jpg (190.82 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
Steel columns are raised in the foundation
Steel columns are raised in the foundation
3.jpg (271.66 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

Steel columns
Steel columns
4.jpg (197.95 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
Concrete filled
Concrete filled
5.jpg (181.46 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
Sump construction - Day 3
Sump construction - Day 3
6.jpg (222.49 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

So far the construction is going at regular pace with Sump construction being completed and plastering done. At the same time columns have been filled with concrete until the road level.
I planned the parking area one and a half feet high from the road level and the house is further 9" high from parking level. The road is 60 feet wide. Any suggestion on the parking / house height are welcomed.

Return to “Civil Construction”