Home Elevator / Lift - Residential

avipnv

Home Elevator / Lift - Residential

Post by avipnv »

Hello Friends,

First of all want to thank this wonderful forum and its members.
I have a few questions regarding home lifts, am not sure if this was asked earlier, searched this forum by results were very minimal and pretty old post... Thanks though.

Planning to construct a house, which is starting first week of August, my architect has provided a 5*5ft space for the elevator, i have no clue
how this is going to be, but that's the later part.

Senario:
Its a 30*40 site and its a normal layout...in JP Nagar 7th phase
Am looking for suggestions for the cheapest elevators (New), i would also be interested in re-fabricated...or used(working condition). Its only for private use,
max 3 members load is fine.
Reading this forum, i found, people are talking about a separate transformer for the lift, is it actually required?
Levels: starts at ground level(GF) > 1FL > 2fl(+1 its a duplex - inner stairs) >3fl(which is terrace - no access without inner stairs)
Any special permissions from BBMP/Bescom needed on the whole, the elevator is mostly hidden from direct view, because it comes at the center of the site.

Am sure, safety is priority, but i cannot go with the popular names as they are very costly, Kindly suggest, if anyone has tried this
at your residence. Thanks a ton.

PS: Am a newbie in this topic, so any suggestion/tips/tricks would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Avinash
msn1270

Re: Home Elevator / Lift - Residential

Post by msn1270 »

Avinash,

go through the similar thread and take a call on your idea.

http://mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... ift#p25455
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

Go for it if there is a need, it is a great relief to aged people or someone with arthritis in the family . I have assumed non hydraulic lifts.
Transformer not mandatory , 3ph connection certainly yes.
You need to have it in the approved plan clearly indicating up to all the levels that you need. if you are planning it to the terrace it needs to be in the plan or else additional bribe for lift licence to add another stop.
if its in the center of the site, from the last stop floor \ terrace slab ,the lift shaft needs to extend 14 feet high min(most vendors) , plus the lift room of 7 ft ht min sits above the 14 ft high shaft. unless u plan for this overheads in the center of site,its easier if its in the periphery. MRL lift may save you only a part of lift room, but at larger AMC bill and initial investment.
Lift room\shaft\opening width\height dimensions vary from vendor to vendor, Clear civil diagrams are only furnished after 90% percent payment to the Lift company typically.So you better narrow down the vendor at a earlier stage.
if its a standard company , AMC starts from 25k to 50k. AMC is a must for lift licence.
it is advised to go with reputed vendors with good service record from safety perspective. it can be a big hazard if not well installed or maintained, i think the guts of lift are mostly imported by all vendors.
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Thanks Nivas, for the insights, really appreciate it.
Will look into others inputs also and take a call.
Nivas wrote:Go for it if there is a need, it is a great relief to aged people or someone with arthritis in the family . I have assumed non hydraulic lifts.
Transformer not mandatory , 3ph connection certainly yes.
You need to have it in the approved plan clearly indicating up to all the levels that you need. if you are planning it to the terrace it needs to be in the plan or else additional bribe for lift licence to add another stop.
if its in the center of the site, from the last stop floor \ terrace slab ,the lift shaft needs to extend 14 feet high min(most vendors) , plus the lift room of 7 ft ht min sits above the 14 ft high shaft. unless u plan for this overheads in the center of site,its easier if its in the periphery. MRL lift may save you only a part of lift room, but at larger AMC bill and initial investment.
Lift room\shaft\opening width\height dimensions vary from vendor to vendor, Clear civil diagrams are only furnished after 90% percent payment to the Lift company typically.So you better narrow down the vendor at a earlier stage.
if its a standard company , AMC starts from 25k to 50k. AMC is a must for lift licence.
it is advised to go with reputed vendors with good service record from safety perspective. it can be a big hazard if not well installed or maintained, i think the guts of lift are mostly imported by all vendors.
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Hello Friends,

I had a few add-on questions regarding the home elevator, i would like to know
the min KVA meter for lift operation, as the construction is yet to start, and i have no Borewell.

1. What is the temp connection KVA meter, i need to get from bescom?
2. Can i switch over to higher KVA meter later, once the lift also operation starts? or should i get a seperate meter for lift?
3. Any other pre-requisites, will be really helpful.

Thanks group.
ajaybda

Post by ajaybda »

Hi Avinash,
Have you decided on the lift option, great it you could update me. I am on the same path as you
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Hi Ajay,

Not yet, i am busy with the construction part as of now, on the other hand an apartment owner, who is my neighbour
suggested me to go for a Lift company called Jaguar LIfts, Vijayanagar - Not yet called them. Will look for more affordable and
branded options..though..

Thanks
Avinash
zahid

Post by zahid »

I got it from Venus elevators. My requirement was similar - 3 stops and 400 Kg capacity. You could contact Mr. Shashidhar - mob no. 9845056766 and provide him my reference (same as my account name).
seemapraveennayak

Post by seemapraveennayak »

We compared quotes from Venus ELevators, Prateek Elevators and Karnataka Elevators and have finalised for Prateek ie. for traction lift though all the three have hydraulic lifts too. But now we have to get their licence done. Prateek are charging Rs.20K for getting it done. Any one know how to get it done, its procedure or should we get it done through agents only???
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

For lift erection, they insist on license and the liasoning guys charge around 20k. First they get lift erection permission and then the lift license once the lift is commissioned.

Regarding Prateek lift:
What is the total cost of the lift ?. Is it automatic and how many passengers and stops?

Return to “Civil Construction”