BESCOM temporary connection monthly charges

m3_07

Re: BESCOM temporary connection monthly charges

Post by m3_07 »

For 2 KVA, above 160 units, each unit is charged 8.20 OR 8.50 (if my memory is correct), only for the units consumed as extra. There is no second minimum slab after 160 units. If you consume, 170 units, you pay for 1344 as minimum & @ 8.20/ unit for the additional 10 units.
klrajasekar

Post by klrajasekar »

I have just paid 2696 for the 58 days renewal with 2kv three-phase meter. The units consumed is 289 and charged with 8.20 rs per unit. Additionally 600 charged by Electrical contractor. I am not sure 2696 is the right amount but still no choice.

People are taking advantage especially if they know you are new to Bangalore and not familiar with local language.
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

I read here: http://bescom.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... RE-III.pdf
the following note:

For the purpose of these tariffs, the following conversion table would
be used:
1 HP=0.746 KW. 1HP=0.878 KVA

If this is so, if I want to use a 4HP borewell motor, do I need a minimum of 4*0.746 = 3KW (rounded up) ?
Is that the minimum wattage required ?
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

where can we pay temporary connection bill ? can it be paid in any bescom center or online ?
Simran

Post by Simran »

There is no online payment for temporary connection. Every month you have to get the JE or one of his assistants to your site to take the reading. Submit an application with the meter reading along with the JE signature to generate the manual bill. You can pay it at any BESCOM bill payment center.

You may do it yourself if you have half a day to spend on this. It is better to engage some one (usually electrical contractor or bescom meter reading guys or bescom linemen) for this purpose every month. It is very likely for us to forget the due date (28 days or 56 days) for renewal. Once the due date is crossed for renewal you will have to take a new connection and you will end up spending the same amount that you paid while taking the connection. Usually bescom guys charge between 250-500 every month for paying your bill.
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Thank you Simran. Looks like there is no other way than that overhead charges :)
and201986

Post by and201986 »

I usually pay 3 days before due date, take snapshot of the meter, show it to JE he signs it immediately, then I get the bill generated, pay it in the counter. I have been doing it for last 4 months, not even once JE asked for money. This takes around 15 mins.
To do the same thing my contractor asked for 250 every month.

Rgds

Anand
rkr

Post by rkr »

I have 3 KV temporary connection and I have 28 days renewal process.

My electrician says this month PD is very high around 6.5 or 7, so I have to pay the fine or penalty it seems.

Normally My bill used to be around 3000 this month he has collected 6600 because of high PD.

I have below doubts, could someone please clarify it:
What is the normal PD for 3KV temp connection.
What is the threshold PD after which bescom charges penalty or fine ?
On what basis besocm charges the fine?
Does anyone one know PD -> fine rates ?

Please share any additional info. Thanking in advance.
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

What is the normal PD for 3KV temp connection.
What is the threshold PD after which bescom charges penalty or fine ?
On what basis besocm charges the fine?
Does anyone one know PD -> fine rates ?
1. The Peak Demand is nothing but your max power consumption for 15 minutes in the billing cycle which is normally 30 days. You can have a look in your electricity meter what is the current PD it is displaying. If you have plumbers / Stone laying / Electrical guys working simultaneously then the Power consumption will go up. You would have applied for 3kVA load based on your borewell pump + other power tools running at the same time.

For e.g if you borewell pump is 3HP, then it's power consumption is 2.2kW, if granite cutting machine is being used add another 1000W so both these machines if working together at any point of time will exceeds your temporary sanctioned load of 3KVA.

2. Threshold is your sanctioned temporary KVA
3. Anytime your PD increases 3KVA, then they charge per unit basis for the number of units consumed.
4. Your electrician should know the tricks to work around the BESCOM guys. Even i have a 3kVA temporary load and it goes beyond it.
rkr

Post by rkr »

msananthu@,

Thank you for the valuable replay.

Return to “Civil Construction”