Who can apply for Khata Extract?

Suri123

Who can apply for Khata Extract?

Post by Suri123 »

I am considering to buy a BDA site. After consulting with lawyer, he asked me to get Khata Extract. Who can apply for this? As a buyer, can apply for this in the appropriate office? Or only the Owner of the Plot has to apply for this? Any suggestions are extremely useful. Thank you very much in advance.
msn1270

Re: Who can apply for Khata Extract?

Post by msn1270 »

This is one of the vital document to be provided by the seller for property Document validation process of the buyer.

However anyone who is interested/in need of it can get it by paying the fees along with their address & contact details.
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

I dont think that will be given to anyone. You need to give the notarised copy of Absolute Sale Deed, latest tax paid, EC etc to get this. I struggled to get my own thing in BBMP. But, if you are ok to bribe, then you will get it for sure.. They will have their mouth open in BBMP offices and they give you what you want...
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

what is difference between encumbrance certificate, possession certificate ?. My understanding is encumbrance certificate will give details of site around 30 year period on whether any bank mortage etc are there for the property and need to be checked for any site along with sale deed for 30 years with mutation/mother deed to see all documents are geniue.

Possession certificate is for flats where it is document given by BBMP as plan is same as approved .

Does we need to c heck the Khata extract if encumbrance certificate/along with sale deed of 30 years are more than enough?
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Encumbrance Certificate is basically tells you about the transactions between parties, pledge etc. Also, the valuations.. So, this would help you in understanding if there are any loan on the property and the parties involved.

Possession Certificate is tells you on whose name the property is in at present.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

so we need encumbrance certificate and sale deed for 30 years for verification. Is that right? '

Possession certificate is not needed for site as it is only for flats/houses . Is this right?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Small Note.

For BDA Plots, EC available only from the date of its layout formation. Getting EC for 30 years for a BDA site possible only if you are buying in the Initially
developed Layouts like Jayanagar, Sadashiva Nagar, RMV, BSK 2nd Stage...etc. which were carved out around 1980's.

Do not expect the same for BSK 6th Stage, Nagarabhavi, Sir M.V Layout, & Anjanapura.
lprabhu

Post by lprabhu »

I Paid 2500 and got EC in a day for 14yrs
with just an application form and property doc
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

2500/-???? U did not have to pay.. for 14 yrs EC, actual fees would be around 200/- and 2 days max. I assume you wanted it immediate and hence, you went with Bribe.
jaganm

Post by jaganm »

Yesterday I went to BBMP Contact Point in Ulsoor to ask about the khata certificate and khata extract. He asked me only for the last tax paid receipt and based on that accepted the application. The documents were given today. He did not ask me for any proof of identity, sale deed etc (even though I have it with me)

While I am satisfied, I wonder how they have so few checks and balances in terms of who can apply for these documents? What if someone else gets it for my property?

Return to “Documents”